Christine Revell Children’s Home provides full-time care for up to 49 babies and children from birth to five years of age who have been referred to them by social workers and placed there by order of a children’s court.
The children are either neglected, abandoned, abused, orphaned and are accepted at the home irrespective of HIV status, race or gender.
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to manage the day-to-day operations of the Home on a full-time basis.
The salary offered will be commensurate with experience and includes pension fund benefits.
- Registered as a Child and Youth Care Worker with SACSSP
- A valid Driver’s License
- Fluent in both English and Afrikaans written & verbal
- Good communication skills
- Good Time management skills
- Experience at budgeting and maintaining financial controls
- Must have a Police Clearance
- Responsible and Trustworthy
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in a leadership/management role
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to deal with conflict
- A clear understanding of the labour policies and implementing these efficiently.
- Good computer literacy skills
- Analytic and decisive decision making with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Experience in the NGO sector
- Experience with fundraising
- Highly organized, self-reliant, good problem solving, results orientated, multi-tasker with superior administration and management skills and good judgement.
- A commitment to provide the highest quality service
- Excellent networking skills and strong capabilities in building support amongst a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent record in planning, project managing and meeting deadlines.
- A passion for children
Submit a CV to Ms Serena Rosslind at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 30 August, 2019