Posted on :
22 May, 2010
Dell provides richly configured hardware and innovative business solutions at the best possible prices to our customers. We are at the cutting edge of technology and deliver more systems globally than any other computer company. Dell South Africa recruits: Business Controls Manager
Business Controls Manager – Emerging Countries Commercial & Export Compliance
Robust and effective i nternal control management is a critical activity for Dell worldwide, not only to comply with auditing guidelines and regulations but also to ensure that we are constantly striving for, and achieving, the highest level of business ethics and governance. The Business Controls Manager is responsible for driving internal control best practice within their region, by leading a sustainable, structured and measurable controls process across all functions.
1. Manage the Quarterly Controls Cycle
Management Representation Letter – in collaboration with the emerging Countries Commercial FD and the Finance Leadership Team, prepare the MRL, ensuring all disclosures are properly documented, have agreed actions, with owners and due dates. Ensure all MAPs are resolved and closed on a timely basis. Report status on a regular basis to all key stakeholders. Participate in the EMEA MRL calls, ensure the Compliance Team is made aware of segment specific issues.
Control Self Assessment – for the Export compliance function (EMEA), c reate or update controls in line with process changes within the year, identify, train & support assessors, ensure testing performed on time and to the required standard, ensure all testing failures result in an appropriate management action plan, track the status of action plans & evidence closure. Report status on a regular basis to all key stakeholders.
2. Support SOX Activities
Liaise with business owners to ensure all SOX control documentation is up to date and the wording of the test steps is consistent with the business process in effect.
Support the delivery of the independent SOX testing, ensuring this in completed on time. Support the drive for remediation.
3. Manage Internal Audits
Act as liaison between Corporate Audit & the Emerging Countries Commercial business during all audit activities, primarily planning and fieldwork.
Act as Audit MAP Scorecard Coordinator – ensure all Management Action Plans address the risk identified, have the right owner & reasonable due dates. Ensure MAP closures are sustainable, properly documented & evidence. Track progress against MAPs and report out to Senior Management.
4. Provide Risk Management & Consulting Services
Drive the Services Senior Management agenda on Controls & Compliance – identify & prioritise key risks within the business, secure business ownership, co-develop action plans, monitor progress. Provide independent review & guidance on policy / process change opportunities. Provide Controls & Compliance updates to key stakeholders – CCR (Controls & Compliance Review Board), Corporate Governance, Services SMT & FLT. Deliver training & education on Controls & Compliance as required by the business.
Attributes / Competencies
· Good understanding of business risks, controls management, and SOX experience would be useful.
· Internationally recognized accounting qualification (eg. ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc.) would be an advantage, but not a pre-requisite.
· Good broad understanding of the Dell business model, business requirements and associated structures.
· Must have a good understanding of the complexities and cultural challenges involved in working within the Emerging Countries (Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa). Experience of working within any of these countries would be a distinct advantage.
· Proven aptitude for process improvement / process re-engineering.
· Demonstrable ability to identify improvement opportunities & translate same from concept to reality.
· Self – starter with a high level of diligence and the ability to work on own initiative and in conjunction with other key process leaders.
· Goal oriented results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion. Realistic and pragmatic approach to objectives.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; (verbal, written and presentations).
· Demonstrated capability to solicit, influence and secure cross-functional and cross-regional management support.
Ability to interact professionally and comfortably at all levels within the organisation