Posted on :
4 Dec, 2013
4 Dec, 2013
• A 3 year qualification in natural sciences, policy studies, economics or statistics (A postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage).
• Three to five years relevant work experience in areas of policy research, analysis and development.
• Practical knowledge of government programmes for investment in research, science and technology.
• Statistical analysis, with proficiency in data management and relevant software packages.
• Understanding of science and technology policy environment and the S&T indicators.
• Keen interest in policy research and evaluations.
• Technical report writing and presentation skills.
• Well developed interpersonal skills and ability to work with communicate at all levels.
• To monitor public S&T investments through annual surveys on publicly funded scientific and technological activities (STAs).
• To design frameworks and processes for effective STA data collection including support and guidance to government departments in compiling data on STAs.
• To oversee the implementation of Research Information Management System (RIMS) to support statistical production on research performance of universities and science councils.
• To undertake analysis and research to inform policy decisions on government investment for science and technology.
• To undertake adhoc extractions of data as required for analysis and evaluations.
HR Contact Person: Ms Joyce Sibidla
Tel: 012 843 6677