Parents and teachers play a critical role in the educational journey of South Africa’s children. When empowered, they can use their agency to shape the education system and ultimately the learning experience of South African children.
Currently incubated by DG Murray Trust, TeachersCAN seeks to build an empowered network of young teachers who:
- are driven by the goal to enable all learners to reach their potential and
- find a common identity rooted in professionalism, creativity and disruption of the status quo.
Job Title: Training and Facilitation Specialist
Location: South Africa
- Design, execute and facilitate the TeachersCAN Fellowship.
- Develop the Fellowship curriculum and facilitation Guide guides with Project Lead.
- Continuously improve and refine the TeachersCAN fellowship based on insights and feedback
- Manage logistics and operations with support from the TeachersCAN team.
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure insights and stories from the TeachersCAN fellowship feed into public communications.
- Design a monitoring and evaluation plan for the TeachersCAN Fellowship.
At a minimum, the candidate must have:
- a relevant degree – in education, social science or related field;
- 5 years of relevant experience in a similar field;
- 3 years of experience in facilitation and/or training;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills and;
- strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes, they:
- are fluent in two or more South African languages.
- are analytical, and can think creatively to remove obstacles and solve problems;
- have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with diverse groups of people and gain their trust and respect;
- can initiate and encourage collaboration amongst others;
- Enjoy helping others learn and develop, and can provide constructive feedback based on facts and behavioural patterns observed;
- continually acquire and apply new knowledge and learnings
This is a 12 month, fixed-term, contract with possibility of renewal. Salary negotiable based on skills and experience. The position is based in Cape Town.
Interested candidates should send the below to email@example.com with the following subject line “Training and Facilitation Specialist Teachers’ Change Agent Network”, failure to do so may result in your application not being assessed:
- A short letter of motivation
- A CV
- Names and contact details of three references
Application Deadline: 22 May 2020, 17h00.