Rosebank College, the Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) is one of the leading private higher education institutions in the country registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training. For over 70 years IIE Rosebank College has delivered quality tertiary education to students across South Africa. Situated in bustling cities, IIE Rosebank College embraces the same vibrant environment which allows over 20 000 students to connect with the heart of the institution. Our exceptional growth is creating a once in a life-time opportunities to suitable incumbents.
Job Title: LECTURER – SOCIAL SCIENCE
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Part-Time
- To teach / lecture an agreed number of hours based on module specialisation requirements.
- To engage and prepare students for assessments by tracking module pacers, identifying and supporting at risk students, managing general student administrative support, and developing assessments by engaging with the Central Academic Team.
- Assisting the Programme Coordinator in tracking and analysing of academic results to evaluate the performance of the module and to identify “at risk modules.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver lectures and engage students based on module-specific requirements in line with module pacers.
- Manage resources including academic materials and consulting with the Information Centre
- Update learning management system and provide feedback to students.
- Engage and prepare students for assessments, identify at risk students, and develop assessments in accordance with Central Academic Team briefings.
- Monitor student engagement as well as assessment submission with relevant escalation.
- Attend and participate in academic meetings across all faculties.
- Reflect on, review, and analyse student module result.
- Support the monitoring of at-risk student in modules assigned to lecture.
- Academic Professional Development: complete a set number of academic professional development interventions per academic cycle (one year) that contribute to the improvement of the Brand’s Teaching-Learning practice and personal professional academic status.
- An NQF level above the programme being taught
- Bachelor of Social Science Honours specializing in Psychology
- 2 to 3 years Lecturing or Formal Tutoring
- 1 to 3 years of industry-specific experience in area of specialisation will be advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African higher education systems and regulatory framework.
Knowledge and understanding of the Teaching and Learning theory and interventions.
- The ability to provide student support services.
- The ability to work with and learn more about digitalized academic platforms.
- The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
- Ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Deadline orientated and can work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
Classes are scheduled from 08h00am until 17h00pm, Monday to Friday. Your working hours will depend on the modules allocated to you.
Application Deadline: August 13 2023
Rosebank College is an equal opportunities employer however preference will be given to EE and South African candidates.