Posted on :
26 May, 2010
26 May, 2010
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Many of our brands have been around for generations, while some have been developed more recently to meet new consumer tastes and experiences. Diageo South Africa recruits Merchandising Manager who reports to Regional Trade Marketing Manager
Purpose of the Role:
· Recruit, manage, develop, motivate and lead a team of merchandisers / 3rd party packers to achieve defined levels of service to customers in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
· Facilitate effective execution of sales driver activities, particularly Visibility.
· Directly responsible for a team of merchandisers in the Inland Region.
· Take ownership for the performance outcomes your team needs to deliver; ensure you have
people with the required capabilities, working in the right structure to achieve this.
· Show a genuine interest in the individuals in your team; get to know their strengths,
development needs, aspirations and the issues they face on a day-to-day basis.
· Create focus and clarity for your team, communicate on an ongoing basis to provide context.
· Coach your team; work with them on their development and support them so that they can
perform at their best.
· Work with members of your team on their career development.
· Build and inspire teams with clear purpose, accountabilities, performance goals and trust.
· Proactively identify, drive and lead business improvement in your team.
· Take time to recognise others and celebrate success.
· Understand our people processes and apply them