Joining us means choosing to shape the future. Because of our scale and success, millions of real lives depend on us. This is why our business is all about people.
More than 100,000 of us worldwide have chosen a career with Anglo American. We’re proud to be the best in the industry, making ours the company of choice to invest in, partner with and work for.
Our shared goal is to create sustainable value for everyone on our planet, by mining the commodities that enable better lives and new possibilities.
The role is a developmental role, with the primary purpose being to learn through experiential learning about the Environmental function to be able to fulfill a substantial position within Anglo American plc in the future through completing a structured development programme.
- Complete Development Programme within the 24 month timeframe
- Integrate Key Learning’s and offer input, advise and value – add recommendations after each phase of the developmental programme.
- Attend all formal courses and seminars as prescribed in the development programme and actively participate in all opportunities for development
- Act in the capacity of other roles in the environmental discipline as and when required and deliver on role outcomes as expected in an acting capacity as well as suggest and advise on improvements, or alternative ways of doing things
- Identify, propose and participate in improvement or value-add projects relevant to the environmental discipline by conducting research and benchmarking against other divisions and industries as well as networking with key internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and engage with technical mentor and non-technical coach
- National Diploma / Degree in Environmental Management or a related field (NQF Level 7)
- Sound references from previous employers or learning institutions
- Prior temporary working experience in field of study will be an advantage
- Proven vacation work within the industry
- Proven completion of a project relevant to field of study
- Understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to the Mining Industry including the Mine Health and Safety Act.
- Familiar with the Basic conditions of employment
- An understanding of the Anglo Coal South Africa Safety, Health and Environmental way
- Able to interpret relevant legislation correctly
- Basic knowledge of Anglo Coal, South Africa business principles, and values
- Understanding of the Anglo Coal South Africa core value chain and Operational codes of practices, procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Knowledge of Opencast and Underground mining operations
- Understanding of Mine Planning principles
- Abreast of new developments and technology in the mining discipline
|• Ability to work in a team
||• Basic Problem Solving Skills
|• A passion for learning
||• Basic Numerate Skills
|• Sense of maturity
||• Planning and Organisation Skills
|• Eagerness to learn
||• Decision making skills
|• Self starter and motivated
||• Supervisory Skills
|• Basic Written and Verbal Communication
||• Potential to grow and be developed
|• Basic Business Writing Skills
||• Basic Conflict Handling Skills
|• Basic Analytical Skills
- Computer literacy
- Valid drivers license
Ref No: CS087/17GS
Closing date: 12 September 2017
CLICK HERE TO APPLY