Posted on :
24 Sep, 2013
24 Sep, 2013
Achieve sales goals established by the business on a monthly and yearly basis. Ensure these goals are met by coaching the in-store sales team on exceptional customer service, how to generate sales, merchandising and effective stock management. Ensure each team member understands high touch, service and sales goals and set objectives. Provide Training, Development and guidance to help them achieve these. Responsible for managing the Corporate Store, meeting deadlines and delivering the necessary reports as required. Ensuring the Corporate Store grows and develops according to the company’s objectives.
Ensures Customer and Market Growth
• Responsible for achievement of all business goals, sales and service targets. 100% target achievement in:
o Retail sales
o Stock control
• Coach, motivate and develop sales team to achieve targets and be aware of goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of the business and analyse results
• Ensure team executes the Estee Lauder Companies service experience to all customers.
• Ensure that the Company’s standards and service Vision are adhered to at all times
• Propose initiatives to move slow selling stock items, shop awareness, and sale boosting ideas
Manages Operational effectiveness
• Consistently maintain immaculate standards of grooming and excellent merchandising at all times.
• Ensure the team achieve and maintain housekeeping and in store hygiene at all times
• Involvement in management of the store budget and highlight any variances to budget with the Demand Planning Manager at Head office
• Set goals and objectives for individual sales members, monitor individual performance and put remedial action in place where required.
• Ensure merchandising standards are met and adhered to at all times. Ensure windows are attractive and within the guidelines.
• Work with security team in ensuring property security procedures are followed
• Working with the DC, maintain proper replenishment levels, stock management of saleable and expired stock, timely receipting of stock and communication of stock discrepancies.
Improves Business Processes
• Manage stock by ensuring that all lines are at the correct levels and report and resolve any shortages through liaising with the Retail Accountant
• Ensure the stock room is organised in a methodical manner and highlight any discrepancies or issues.
• Complete all paperwork and reports within deadlines as set by the Demand Planning Manager:
• Maintain Team Roster, ensuring that the store is adequately covered at all times and is managed within the staffing budget.
• Events – plan, manage and execute with appropriate lead times, and report back results, liaising with Demand Planning Manager weekly.
• Seek new sales opportunities both in-store and outside activities and highlight these to the Demand Planning Manager if they are within the International Corporate Store guidelines.
• Management of proper cash up and banking processes, highlighting any potential risk areas and at the same time implement corrective action plans
Lead and Develop People
• Ensure a staffing succession and development plan is in place and give progress feedback to the Demand Planning Manager.
• Coach, develop and motivate the team in all areas of the business (sales, stock management, banking, store management, paperwork and general administration).
• Communicate sales achievements and targets with team and motivate and develop them to achieve all business goals.
• Communicate, liaise and build strong relationships with the Demand Planning Manager.
• Reinforce all educational information received from the company with the team and ensure that the team implements all training and education initiatives.
• Leads by example and demonstrates a mentoring style of management, whilst exceeding company standards in:
Key Personal Characteristics (where applicable) and Other
• Goal Orientated
• Competitive with commercial acumen
• Outgoing, relationship builder
• Good Communicator
• People Orientated
• Sales Driven/Sales Experts
• Admin skills
• Must have a drivers license and own vehicle
The ability to convey one’s thoughts, verbally or in writing, in an articulate, confident and compelling manner
• Service Excellence
The ability to keep in close touch with the needs and perspectives of customers and the commitment to take actions that serve them benefit the business
• Drives to Excel
The ability and willingness to not only make continuous improvements but also to be committed to do what is necessary to support the business in improving overall performance
The ability to take responsibility for meeting commitments and ensuring that results are achieved. This includes ensuring that expectations are made clear, priorities established, focus maintained and tough decisions addressed
Involves working cooperatively with others and acting in ways that support the success of the overall Estee Lauder team and system
• Values and respects others
The ability to relate to and work with others in ways that draw out the positive potential of differences.