Posted on :
8 Nov, 2013
8 Nov, 2013
Learn from and support the VM Manager in order to understand the processes and elements required for visual merchandising, special events and store design for the Estee Lauder and Tom Ford brands in the in-store / retail environment for both new and existing sites.
Ensures Customer and Market Growth:
Visual Display at stores:
• Help in preparing Merchandising Guidelines for all EL promotions/launches and distribute to AE’s and internal managers ensuring consistent application of local and international merchandising guidelines.
• Support in the co-ordingation and distribution of light box visual transparencies for all new and existing counters, ensuring compliance with international visual merchandising guidelines
• Help in distributing and supporting AE’s and the VM Manager with all types of hardware requirements
• Help and support the VM Manager to check and allocate collateral to stores in conjunction with EL product managers & marketing manager
• Learn and understand the different retail fixture layouts that vary between different retailers and how the brands’ fixtures work within those parameters
• Implement POS material at store level whenever needed
• Implement new hardware roll-outs and new store installations country wide – in time for new store openings. This might include travelling from time to time.
• Participate in extra curricular events i.e. In- store events, centre courts and private venue events and ensure look, taste and style is up to brand standards
• Organise set up and strike down with suppliers by liaising with and co-ordinating all requirements for successful installations of special events.
• Understand store design drawings/floor plans and learn the Estee Lauder and Tom Ford brands’ requirements/look and feel and materials in order to implement new counter installations successfully
• Learn and understand required store positioning for the Estee Lauder and Tom Ford brands as well as all brand hardware that is installed in these environments.
Manages Operational effectiveness
• Track hardware orders from suppliers to ensure availability and delivery per agreed timeline, eliminating delays in shipment..
• Prepare and distribute pricing wherever necessary
• Complete purchase orders relating to all visual merchandising requirements
Improves Business Processes
• Maintain all counter detail registers – this includes all details pertaining to the different types of hardware in each store.
Key Personal Characteristics (where applicable)
• Easily handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
• Detail oriented
• Superb organization skills
• Strong sense of self worth – self confident
• Builds trust through reliability and authenticity
• Results oriented, with high drive to meet objectives and standards
• Display proactive and persistent approach
• Creative and able to interpret creative ideas into innovative, functional execution
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
• Full, unrestricted drivers license
• Willingness to learn all aspects of the business including the ability to get one’s hands ‘dirty’ by lifting relatively heavy boxes and display items
• Working after hours will be required from time to time
• An Interior Design degree, or design related degree with a specific interest in retail store design/retail visual merchandising
• Some graphic design skills, with some knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
• Some store design/draughting skills with some knowledge of AutoCAD
• Some knowledge of print production
• Intermediate Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Applications accepted until: 11th of Nov, 2013
Advert Code: EST18700
Please ensure that you upload a photo of yourself and attach your latest academic results, EE Candidates will be given preference.
Please be advised that candidates, who are willing to relocate, will be liable for their own cost. The Graduate Programme will run for 12 month period.