The University of Pretoria, Faculty of Veterinary Science is offering a Graduate Internship Porgramme at their Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital.
Following Internship Programme for 2018:
- Small Animal Clinic x 8 posts;
- Small Animal Clinic: Dermatology x 1 post;
- Equine Clinic x 2 posts.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Clinical service in several sections of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital, including a 24-hour and week-end service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/practical training (including basic surgical skills) of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students;
- For the dermatology post: Teaching and clinical/practical training of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students in Small Animal Dermatology;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/academic duties as delegated by the line manager;
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise;
- Valid working visa (where relevant);
- Adequate subject knowledge.
- For the dermatology post: Adequate subject knowledge: Small Animal Medicine with a specific interest in dermatology.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet);
- After-hours availability.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- Letter indicating the post/s interested in;
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
Closing Date: 24 October 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to VIEW AND APPLY ONLINE