FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Lead
Contract Duration: Five-year USAID-funded project
The anticipated USAID-funded Attain & Sustain 95-95-95, Prevent New Infections and Reach all Populations for Epidemic Control (ASPIRE) will be designed to, over 5 years, reduce HIV incidence and AIDS-related mortality in pursuit of epidemic control in Eswatini in alignment with GKoE’s vision of an AIDS-free generation by 2022 and the National Multisectoral HIV and AIDS Strategic Framework 2018-2022. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Eswatini.
Under the guidance of the Chief of Party, provides operational oversight on financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, contracts & grants, asset management, ICT, and general administration as well as ensuring consistency with USAID’s rules and regulations. Oversees overall financial management to include budget management and monitoring, forecasting needs, procurements, management of financial systems and enforcing controls. Local nationals are encouraged to apply. This position includes a local benefits package.
- Responsible for implementing and enhancing the internal organization processes.
- Oversees reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics.
- Ensures compliance with USAID rules, regulations and policies as regards operational issues such as contracts & grants, procurements, financial management etc.
- Manages the planning and implementation of field activities which includes oversight of budgets, grants, operational plans, reporting, and procedural and financial compliance.
- Ensures efficient management and utilization of resources in accordance with applicable FHI and donor policies and procedures.
- Applies and updates the standard operating procedures for program operations and assures consistency with USAID regulations and policies in operational matters.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the objectives of ASPIRE.
- Ensures proper budgeting, expenditures tracking and audit of financial resources in accordance with USAID’s rules and regulations.
- Oversees monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to USAID, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the program.
- Oversees all internal and external audits of the project; coordinates activities of independent auditors ensuring all compliance issues are met. Ensures that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all transactions may pass independent and funder audits.
- Ensures compliance with USAID rules, regulations and policies as regards operational issues such as vendor selection, procurements, financial management, contracts and grants, inventory management etc.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility for ASPIRE through sound fiscal management according to USAID, GKOE and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Manages day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable; produces reports as requested.
- Oversees cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of imprest level, risk assessment, bank relationship management; timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site.
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions.
- Coordinates responses to requests for financial information in a timely manner regarding program challenges, subcontractor or grantee issues, or changes to work plans or budgets.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, assuring all are in accordance with regulations.
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, other relevant field, or a bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years or more of experience;
- A minimum of eight years of experience in administrative and financial management of large scale, complex, international development assistance programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and /or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, as required;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets with an annual value of over $10 million;
- Extensive experience in developing and managing a donor – funded grants program.
- Grants and Contracts Management experience is a must.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible –
Click link below:
Application Deadline: 17/07/2020
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.