Employer: Von Michaelis & Burstein cc
Our client, a well-established national organisation, has been through a phase of rapid growth. This has necessitated the sourcing of an experienced, competent Manager with business acumen to head up their Finance Division. The company culture is progressive, dynamic and flexible enabling it to adapt quickly to changes as they occur.
This Role: Reporting to the CEO, the function is not only to streamline the systems and internal controls but also to equip the business to take it into the future. This is therefore not a “caretaker” role as there is much to be done to effect the desired improvements.
Personality attributes sought:
- Becoming an important Manco member yet is a hands-on team leader with your finger firmly on the pulse
- Achieving by adding real value and contributing as a member of the senior management team
- Getting “stuck in” and involved in the business; enjoys working to deadlines with real sense of urgency to deliver results
- Professional, articulate and fluent in English language with excellent communication skills
- Analytical, proactive, decisive, responsibly using initiative when necessary
- Organised and systems driven, sets priorities and copes well under pressure
- Enjoying a demanding, busy business environment deriving job satisfaction from seeing the results
- Flexible; goes the extra mile to get the job done well, first time, by due date.
- B.Comm + articles (minimum)with approx 8-10 years experience (5-7 years as a Manager)
- Sound broad knowledge of financial management, group accounting, company secretarial, taxation, working capital control, cash flow management & business processes, salaries & payrolls
- Preferable a career background within the Service (eg Hospitality, Entertainment, etc) or Retail type sectors
- Highly proficient in IT systems (integrated Pastel/Pastel Payroll implemented) and advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Basic legal knowledge and contract drafting
- The competency level to deliver accounting excellence ensuring company profitability, understanding that efficient financial management is critical to the business
- Detailed, complete and up-to-date financial reporting (month- and year-ends)
- Security and risk management
- Salaries and Payroll management
- BEE admin and submissions
- Worked closely with Operations and national Branch/subsidiary personnel and the auditors
- Proven success in guiding, developing and managing an accounting team
The TCTC remuneration package will include standard client company benefits. Please email CV only (no other documents) soonest to Margot von Michaëlis, Appointed Consultant in an AD Response Handling capacity quoting FM Durban 2221CT in the subject line followed by your name.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
This position reports to: CEO Head Office DurbanApply before Tuesday, April 7, 2015Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion