Posted on :
24 Apr, 2010
24 Apr, 2010
General Electric Company, or GE is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in the State of New York. In 2009, Forbes ranked GE as the world’s largest company. The company has 323,000 employees around the world. GE South Africa recruits a GIS Software Sales Engineer
The Sales Manager is responsible for the effective and profitable management of customer accounts to develop and grow the GE’s GIS software segment. The Sales Manager will own the external budget for orders, convertibility, sales, and Contribution Margin for his assigned territory
– Sales responsibility for GIS Telecommunications/Utilities Software in Assigned territory.
– Develop new customer accounts and grow business volume with existing customers.
– Achieve order, sales and margin targets as well as budget commitments and contribute to the regions plans with several counterparts.
– Create, communicate, and execute sales/growth strategies and well-defined action plans for each assigned customer and key product/service offerings.
– Create Go-To-Market plans for the Assigned territory.
– Identify and manage new partners (VAR) to address additional regions/ segments/ customer opportunity needs.
– Build and regularly review with VAR of the business plan and associated action plans.
– Proactively educate and influence customer businesses through financials, specifications, product approvals, and identification of key functionalities requested by the customers for input into R&D plan.
– Identify key customer and business requirements, incorporate into growth plan to capture and expand GE’s market share.
– Providing feedback regarding market trends, pricing and competition to Commercial operations and P&L.
– Customer calls and meetings, customer presentations and executive level selling and alliance relationships.
– Demonstrate and maintain strong cross business selling initiatives, leveraging Sales Forums and Local Customer Teams.
– Maintain and grow GE presence in the GIS Software market in the assigned territory.
– Use of reporting tools, especially for forecast on a weekly basis.
– Partners with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches in line with both the P&L’s growth objectives and T&D’s SmartGrid initiatives
– University degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication, IT or technical related field.- Minimum 4 years Software sales experience. – Proven track record establishing relationships with customers’ senior executive level. – Understanding of Telecommunications/Utilities industry budgeting and financial drivers.- In-depth knowledge of typical Telecommunications/Utilities service provider business process such as network planning, design, engineering, provisioning and field operations.- Professional and technical competency with Telecommunications/Utilities products/ services and their contribution to our customers and the industry. Willingness to keep current with industry trends and knowledge.- Customer orientated/ Growth mindset. Must be able to generate immediate credibility on different levels externally and internally. Ability to develop key customer relationships and to promote win-win sales strategies.- Proactive work style, creativity, energy. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure without direct supervision – First-class verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent negotiating & closing skills.- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationships / team building – out of GE internal and external resources (e.g. VAR’s, Solution Partner’s). Effective team contributor and member. Change management mindset.- Excellent command of oral and written English skill is a must.- Valid Driver’s License
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
– Utility and Telecoms expertise, conversant in terminology and industry standards- Proven ability to successfully work in a dynamic, energetic and proactive environment within a matrix organization. – MBA .
Click here to Apply to GE South Africa – Select South Africa and Apply online