Posted on :
17 Sep, 2013
17 Sep, 2013
Bcom with either CIMA/CA/ACA/ICAS
• Professional accountancy qualification.
• Experience in budgeting, costs, project accounting and intercompany accounting
• Strong verbal and written English language skills
• Experience working with client groups with ability to influence and challenge stakeholders at various levels
• Understanding & communication of underlying business driver, along with risks & opportunities
• Proficient financial knowledge of modelling, analysis, evaluation, and forecasting
• Experience working in cross-functional teams and across a matrix environment
• Strong team building skills
• Experience working in the Finance function in a global organisation
• Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by creation of a network of key partners within Finance and the business and the ability to bridge communications gap between finance and non-finance
• Ability to prioritise multiple tasks within a project using project management skills
• Understanding of systems and processes as they affect the financial results (SAP, BPCS, SB14, Unison, etc)
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• High communication skills, oral and written analysis and decision making
• Cost Methodology standards
• GAAP and National Accounting Plan
• Support achievement of Site goals by providing expert financial advice to Site Director and the Leadership Team.
• Proactively work with both Supply Chain and Commercial Market teams as part of an integrated team to identify opportunities and mitigate risks to meet overall business objectives
• Lead, manage and develop a finance team of 11, ensuring strong financial governance and control is in place.
Decision support and simplification:
• Create non-standard financial analysis, present trends, identify insight and offer sound, financially based recommendations. Supported with both internal and external information based on benchmarking. Work as part of a cross functional to build the opportunity and drive to execution.
• Lead simplification projects and implementation of best practices
• Provide analytical support and relevant financial information to enable quality decision making within strategic activities such as business development, due diligence, third-party deals, partnerships, business evaluation and divestment proposals
• Support capital flows to ensure that investments are aligned with business strategy, generating returns on investment and promote proper management
Financial management and governance:
• Coordinate with CBS/ICSS/SMAS and review financial management activities for business unit i.e. monthly and annual closings, general ledger maintenance, and ensure that deadlines are respected
• Identify and drive transparency of risk ensuring strong management and financial governance
• Add commentaries to standard management reports based on an in-depth knowledge of the business
• Responsible for quarterly judgment report creation and year-end management certification (not reporting) for onward approval by senior business finance support
• Review management accounts (actual, forecasts, budgets) to assist embedded business finance support in signing off on income statement and balance sheet
•Lead the process of standard costs and deal directly with commercial markets on costs, actual and estimated from new products. Objective is to achieve cost reduction year on year.
• Assist in the management of corporate approvals (e.g., accounting for intellectual property, appropriate tax and transfer pricing, compliance with corporate development and treasury requirements)
• Sign off statutory accounts.
• Ensure compliance with accounting policies IFRS and local GAAP.
• Ad hoc as required by Site Director & Regional Finance Director.
• Regularly review the quality of processes, assumptions, ability to hit Plan, and reduction of cost versus last year to drive best practice and continuous improvement.
Influence and relationship building:
• Key member of Site Leadership Team – critical to be strong influence on decision making & drive accountability across the whole team for the financials.
• Build strong relationships with Commercial to drive value from One integrated P&L, and to ensure decision making includes all the relevant potential impacts. Support with clear financials that have considered all aspects of decision making.
• Assist in the management of financial activities / issues for external business partnerships (e.g., third-party customers, third-party supplier, outsourcing partner, etc.)
• Educate customer groups on financial aspects of business decisions and resource allocations
• Delivery of overall financial and business performance both at site, and for One P&L with Commercial (e.g., sales/cost savings/financial target achievement of £XM for XX business/site/functional area)
• Manage Capital investments and project resource allocation to ensure the maximum return on investment
• Review monthly reports, actuals, budgets, plans and forecasts and provide commentary on key variances/business drivers and any actions required
• Be point of contact for business colleagues for financial issues by representing Finance and an ambassador for the Finance function
• Ensure proactive and effective coordination across interfaces with internal customers including: Commercial Finance and Leadership teams, Above-Country Finance, Corporate Finance, Internal Audit, R&D, IT, etc.
• Support business assessments of external opportunities in complicated situations with a high degree of uncertainty
• Effectively influence customers and ensure financial issues readily resolved
• Communicate effectively within a number of levels in the business unit e.g. Steering Committee on the progress of financial objectives, recommendations for cost savings and improvements in process efficiency.
• Manage and influence in a matrix organisation
• Assist the Site Director, the Site Leadership Team, Regional Finance Director, Commercial Finance Director, and all other customers with regard to financial analysis
• Driving Operational Excellence in all financial aspects, identifying opportunities for improvement and progress tracked and the changes and improvements
How to Apply
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button below