Posted on :
11 Jun, 2013
11 Jun, 2013
Eligibility for Consideration
Candidates must be:
In terms of the projected manpower requirements, bursaries will only currently be considered for the following degrees:
|University Bursary Scheme||Technikon Bursary Scheme|
How to Apply
* In the geology discipline, bursaries are not considered for undergraduate studies only.
(1) Application forms will be sent to those applicants intending to study or already studying in a field related to the Group’s projected manpower requirements (see above). The closing date for applications is 30 June. Late applications will not be considered.
(2) Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo psychometric testing as well as a panel interview. In addition, all candidates are required to undergo a medical examination, and be in possession of a valid Medical Certificate of Fitness for the appropriate
category of work for the duration of their bursary and subsequent employment with GFL or its nominee.
(3) After completion of the selection process, bursary awards are determined at the discretion of GFL Mining Services Limited. All awards are subject to the applicant gaining acceptance, or gaining promotion to the year of study applied for, for the course at the institute of technology and for the
commencement year / semester stipulated in their bursary agreement. Selected candidates will be notified in writing.
(4) Selected candidates will be required to sign a bursary agreement in acceptance of the award.
(5) The Bursar will be required to provide surety for the agreement.
Bursars must be prepared to sign the Institute of technology Bursary Agreement and to take up employment for a minimum period of one year prior to attending institute of technology on the bursary scheme. (Bursars will attend institute of technology as bursars and not as employees)
BURSARS MAY NOT ACCEPT OTHER BURSARIES
Bursars receiving financial study assistance from another source must disclose this immediately on applying for a GFL bursary. The company’s approval for such assistance is required prior to the award of a bursary (and approval is entirely at the company’s discretion). This condition does not prevent a Bursar from receiving assistance from parents or relatives out of purely private means.
The Bursar undertakes to work for GFL or its nominee for a year for each year (or part thereof) of studies which GFL has made bursary payments, e.g. a 3-year bursary gives rise to a 3-year obligation to serve GFL or its nominee.
VALUE OF BURSARY AWARDS
The value of the bursary is reviewed on an annual basis and is at the discretion of GFL. It normally covers (but does not exceed) the cost of the following:
(1) Institute of technology registration and tuition fees (which will differ across institutes of technology).
(2) A living-out allowance, which is paid to the Bursar for each semester at institute of technology. This allowance contributes towards the cost of residence fees or private / other accommodation.
Closing Date: 30 June 2013