Bateleur College is a small independent co-educational school located on a large, country property in Northriding in Randburg, Johannesburg.
The College is strictly non-denominational with a multi-cultural student body, is GDE registered and a member of ISASA.
Our mission is to provide access to reasonably priced, high quality private education to all parents in the Northriding/Randburg area.
Bateleur College provides an excellent academic curriculum and tuition in a relaxed country environment. Grades R to 7 are offered in our traditional classes in the main Foundation Phase and Intersen buildings.
The College continously looks for caring, wide awake, dedicated staff willing to join an outstanding team of educators. If you feel that you fit into this mould, we would be pleased to receive your details. Please complete the form below, and as soon as an opening that matches your skillfulness originates, the college headmaster will definitely contact you.
Bateleur College is seeking to appoint an Intern/Teacher’s Assistant for our Grade One class. This is for a new position from January 2018.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- are studying a suitable academic and professional qualification, applicants must be enrolled in a four year B ED qualification (preferably in their third or fourth year of study)
- are prepared to commit to the ethos of the school and contribute meaningfully to the school’s co-curricular program
- will be committed to extra-curricular activities including sports activities until 16h30 daily
- preferably have some independent school practical experience
- have provisional certification with SACE
- have a love for children and an ability to communicate with them
- are committed to providing excellent, innovative education using an established curriculum and with limited use of technical aides
- are passionate about reading and have worked with the Oxford Reading Tree program
- have excellent administrative, organizational, time-management and communication skills
Salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Only suitably qualified and experienced candidates with South African citizenship should email their Curriculum Vitae, Proof of BED enrolment with a certified institution, SACE provisional certificate and contact information for two references to to Ms Chandre Roux at the address below before 10 December 2017.
Bateleur College reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application
in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview.
Closing Date: 10 December 2017