The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree) with no relevant work experience the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop online workshop material for the Write Site.
- Provide assistance in the collection and analysis of data for the purpose of report writing.
- Provide assistance in the development of online assessment activities for the literacy courses in the Unit for Language Development.
- Work on university systems such as Blackboard and PeopleSoft.
- Basic computer skills including, but not limited to, Programming, MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Ability to work meticulously.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Effective organisation skills.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively with others.
- Experience in the Higher Education environment.
- Knowledge of Blackboard.
- Experience in the field of academic literacy.
- Display of good written language skills in English and Afrikaans.
- Postgraduate qualification.
- The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Assumption of duties: 01 February 2018
Closing date:16 October 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to VIEW AND APPLY ONLINE