Posted on :
12 Oct, 2016
12 Oct, 2016
Givaudan, a global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances, invites applications for a Creative Fragrance Evaluator Trainee position.
Creative Fragrance Evaluators are olfactive development specialists whose primary goal is to guide perfumers in the fragrance development process. To do so, Evaluators analyze current olfactive trends, forecast future trends and assess consumer preferences.
As an Trainee Evaluator, based in Johannesburg, you will undertake assignments in category teams and develop deep understanding of evaluation protocols, market and consumer dynamics, best sellers and best smellers within the categories. Cross-departmental work is essential, providing great exposure to fragrance development industry. You will work closely with colleagues from other teams including sales, perfumers, marketing, market research and laboratories. You will support development of new fragrances and effectively build and manage the fragrance library.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. In this exciting role you will:
• Coordinate the briefs related to a category, a country, a region or a customer under the supervision of the Creative Fragrance Manager.
• Contribute to winning briefs by selecting suitable fragrances that meet customer needs; manage the collection and ensure its alignment with business needs; interact with sales teams throughout the project process in order to ensure the customer requirements.
• Collaborate with marketing teams to exchange trend information and internal and client presentation; you will start to collaborate directly with perfumers to develop fragrance themes.
• Participate in proactive development projects and write fragrance descriptions linked to marketing trends.
• University Degree or equivalent
• Verbal and written command of English
• Eagerness to develop olfactive skills: ability to define, recognize and memorize olfactory notes and fragrance language terms and determine olfactory directions
• Proficiency in using common PC applications
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Effectively interact with teams
How to apply
Click HERE to apply online