GROW Educare Centres is a social enterprise with a vision to set a new standard for early learning in developing countries that unlocks Human Potential. To achieve this vision, They create an ecosystem for Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres that ensures children receive high quality early learning, use social-franchising to scale their model, equip ECD owners to run sustainable businesses, develop innovative tools and solutions and engage parents and communities to advocate for quality early learning.
Job Title: National Operations Manager
Location: Head Office in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to find a dynamic team player who is IT savvy, with excellent planning, analytical and problem-solving skills to fill the role of National Operations Manager at our Head Office in Cape Town. Your role will be to ensure the effective implementation of the new processes and system in the business and to provide continuous process improvement strategies for the organisation to drive efficiency and scale to new markets.
- Super organised. Where others see chaos, you are able to sort and make sense and develop a systematic plan.
- You think like an entrepreneur but execute like a seasoned manager. You are constantly thinking of ways to do things better, challenging the status quo and are able to take these ideas and implement them across the business effectively.
- You inspire people to embrace change. You are able to listen to their needs and coach and mentor them through a change process. You have worked with diverse groups to implement change effectively.
- You love technology, are very comfortable using it and have had experience implementing new technology to drive efficiencies at scale.
- You are determined and won’t give up until the job is done to your high standards. You feel super satisfied when you see that your hard work has made a difference and that is what you strive for every day.
- You are a self-starter, confident and capable to initiate and lead change. If something needs to be done, you don’t wait for permission you get stuck in and get it done.
- You are a team player and your positive energy inspires everyone in the team to work together whilst still having fun.
- You are inquisitive and curious. You hold yourself to high standards and are constantly developing yourself to grow and learn new skills, especially technical skills. You love to share your new skills with others.
- For you, work is more than just a job. You want to make a difference in the world and your work is your legacy. You live by a strong moral code and will fight for equality in the world.
- Identify improvements that can be made to the business processes to drive efficiencies and improve customer experience
- Define and map business process improvements to technology requirements
- Document and maintain all business standard operating procedures, templates and forms.
- Ensure uniform processes are rolled out throughout the regions and franchise network and monitor usage
- Train and support users on GROW technology and new processes
- Liaison with IT Project Manager and outsourced System Developers re requirements and resolutions
- Ensure effective change management strategies are designed
- Train users
- Ensure data governance and security
- Analyse business data to inform strategic decision making
Requirements and Competencies:
- A relevant Tertiary Qualification
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a project manager, programme manager or business analyst
- Experience in business process improvement especially tech implementations
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to translate large data sets into graphic reports for strategic decision making
- Attentive to detail
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal skills and experience with change management
- Team player and must have managed a team
- Excellent communication skills – experience of training
GROW is a highly entrepreneurial work environment and the successful applicant must have high energy who takes initiative and is comfortable working with frequent change. They are looking for someone who is passionate about our cause, able to work with a diverse team and is prepared to do what it takes to achieve the GROW vision.
Please forward your CV to [email protected] with a short covering note explaining why you would like to work for GROW, how your skills, experience and accomplishments meet the requirements for the position, why you believe you would be an asset to GROW as well as your remuneration expectations.
Application Deadline: Saturday, 31 October, 2020