Posted on :
22 Oct, 2020
Growthpoint provides space to thrive with innovative and sustainable property solutions. We are an international property company with assets on three continents and the largest South African primary REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) listed on the JSE. We own and manage a diversified portfolio of over 550 property assets, locally and internationally.
Growthpoint is a FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index company, a constituent of the FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Emerging Index and is in the FTSE4Good Emerging Index and FTSE/JSE Responsible Investment Index.
Job Title: Handyman
Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference # HDM33- Costantia Office Park
Contract Type: Permanent
Ensure that the house-keeping or general maintenance of the retail centre and other handyman duties are undertaken with respect to Growthpoint’s planned maintenance and emergency work programme.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure that compliance is maintained within required building and statutory regulations and Growthpoint standards;
• Maintenance of efficient responses/feedback to complaints/queries received from tenants;
• Carry out general maintenance or housekeeping duties as directed by work instructions;
• All administration/correspondence and follow up functions related to the position.
Competencies and Skills
• Basic knowledge of the methods, material, tools, equipment, safety hazards and the safety precautions used in building management (Appropriate use of tools and
experience in using them is necessary);
• Painting, tiling, electrical and other general handyman skills;
• Tenant liaison experience is essential;
• Driver’s license and own transport (advantageous).
• Ability to work after hours and on weekends when required
• Must have a hands-on approach – electrical, plumbing, HVAC installations, fire regulations.
•Plumbing maintenance experience is highly-preferred
•Basic literacy skills (read and write English);
•Matric plus minimum 3 years’ relevant experience OR must have a Handyman Course Certificate plus minimum 1-year experience;
•A relevant trade qualification will be advantageous.
Application Deadline: 28/10/2020