Posted on :
3 Oct, 2013
An exceptional opportunity awaits a dynamic individual with the right qualifications and experience to be
part of the finance department and provide financial management, accounting, compliance and business
support within HBZ.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the successful candidate’s responsibilities will be to:
• Implement the Finance Divisions Strategy in accordance with best practice.
• Ensure all financial accounting functions are performed, evaluate overall effectiveness, and make improvements where required.
• Manage the “Centralised Accounts Department” ensuring the daily review of bank reconciliations and month end general ledger reconciliations including fixed assets, prepayments, VAT and Income Tax.
• Produce monthly management accounts and conduct monthly variance analysis identifying cost optimisation opportunities
• Continually evaluate accounting standards (IFRS & Swiss GAAP) and legislative requirements
(VAT, TAX, SARB Regulations), identify potential impact and make recommendations to mitigate risk.
• Review monthly Group Reporting Pack and ensure submission within deadline.
• Advise the CFO on key costs, profitability and cash flow metrics.
• Prepare the annual financial budget for the bank ensuring input from Senior Executives.
• Prepare ALCO pack and advise ALCO on Regulatory developments
• Prepare year end audit pack and Annual Report, ensuring achievement of deadlines.
• Review monthly BA Returns to SARB ensuring accuracy of information and compliance with BASEL III principles prior to CFO sign off.
• Manage relationship between external auditors (KPMG) and internal auditors and ensure all deliverables are timeously prepared.
• Attending to ad-hoc requests and providing assistance in other areas of the business including special projects.
• Manage Human Resources for the finance department.
The following minimum requirements must be met in order to be considered for this position:
• Appropriate qualification – CA (SA). Big 4 articles preferred.
• Three to five years post articles experience at a manager level.
• Knowledge of computerized systems, specifically an advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and financial systems.
• Knowledge of BASEL III, IFRS, Banks Act, National Credit Act and other regulations impacting banks.
• Well-developed report writing, communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Computer literacy, preferably in Microsoft Office Suite at intermediate level.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• People management skills.
• Highest level of professionalism, integrity and judgment.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines.
• Must be a team player and self-motivated
• Ability to function in a highly pressurized environment
Fax CV to the HR Manager: 031 2671193 or e mail to: [email protected]