Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg(Gauteng), Pretoria (Tshwane) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Job Title: Programme Manager
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Employment type: Fixed term contract
The Project Manager (PM) will serve as the programme manager for TB active case finding position and will be based in Gauteng Province within the Pretoria area. This position will lead a multi-disciplinary team of Enrolled Nurse Assistants, and Sub-district Coordinators. S/he will directly report to the TB Technical Team Leader and will be responsible for ensuring that grant activities complement ongoing and planned efforts across Tshwane district area. The position will ideally be filled by an individual who has experience working in TB, DR-TB, and HIV programs at the district and/or provincial level. Working with the TB Technical Team Leader and Country Director, the PM will ensure that all activities are planned, monitored, and reported on as agreed upon and laid out by project stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate grant activities in coordination with project stakeholders and along agreed upon project timeline;
- Work closely with Provincial and District Departments of Health (DOH) stakeholders and other project partners from the development phase through implementation and handover as innovative strategies are developed and implements to complement existing and planned initiatives;
- Manage a field team of sub-district coordinators, linkage to care and social auxiliary workers, and data capturers;
- Produce and share monthly and quarterly project reports; and
- Represent project at district forums and provide project updates and lessons learned where appropriate.
- Ensure the maintenance and growth of strategic relationships with multi-disciplinary project stakeholders;
- Engage quarterly (at minimum) with district, provincial and national level officials on project activities, findings, and integration with government integration initiatives.
- Coordinate community activities to raise awareness about the project;
- Co-ordinate training with the Regional Training Centre (RTC) and Tshwane District Health Management Team; and
- Contribute to meetings and updates with project donor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Health Sciences, Nursing, Social Sciences or related field is required;
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or equivalent preferred;
- Knowledge of working in USAID and CDC funded projects;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including 2+ years of project management experience (accountability for end-to-end project delivery);
- Desire to learn and problem solve in complex working environments;
- Familiar with South Africa’s health system, and have knowledge of working with Gauteng Provincial DOH, Tshwane District Health Management Team, and understands the PHC reengineering and DR-TB decentralization;
- Desire to engage with multiple community stakeholders, private sector, government officials, and project partners on a regular basis;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; and
- Valid Driver’s SA License.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
NB: Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer