Posted on :
17 Feb, 2017
17 Feb, 2017
Assist senior operations staff in the day-to-day operation of the organization’s computer room / bridge, including data centre facility and infrastructure monitoring, production schedule monitoring, availability and performance monitoring and incident handling. Job Title: IT Trainee Operator
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location – Town / City: Brackenfell, Cape Town
Location – Province: Western Cape
Location – Country: South Africa
Job Category: IT
• Matriculation Certificate with Higher Grade Mathematics and Science
• CompTIA A+
• 0 months experience (given sufficient prior training, e.g. completed Learnership, in the appropriate technology)
• Displays a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets
• Is familiar with the installed hardware and software and the procedures in use in the Computer Operations area.
• Demonstrates good communication skills with experience of dealing with users, other staff and suppliers
• Aware of ICT environment
• Familiar with Operating Systems
• To ensure that organisation’s data centre facilities and IT infrastructure are operated according to organization policies and procedures.
• To ensure that organisation’s computer systems are operated according to organisation policies and procedures.
• To ensure that production jobs are run and completed on schedule and in accordance with service level requirements.
• To ensure that organisation’s data is backed-up in line with business continuity policies and practices.
Close Date: 2017/03/01