John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a Technical Supply Chain Specialist for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa.
Job Title: Technical Supply Chain Specialist
Location: Pretoria and Durban
Role Description and Purpose:
The Technical Supply Chain Specialist will coordinate and organize procurement, storage and distribution of all medical and other supplies as well as coordinate waste management activities for the VMMC project within the assigned districts.
Key Performance Areas:
- Work with the districts and health facilities to profile quantifications as required.
- Coordinate with USAID Global Health Supply Chain project to ensure that timely supply of goods.
- Design and implement systems that will facilitate smooth and efficient receipt, storage, transport, and delivery of medical commodities in the warehouses in accordance with Good Distribution Practices.
- Map facilities and develop a cost effective routing system.
- Maintain and track supplies in storage at the district office to prevent over or under stock or wastage of supplies through expiry and monitor temperature in the store to ensure items are not destroyed.
- Design and implement responsive systems/processes that will ensure timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods and services in liaison with the district based teams.
- Respond to urgent and ad hoc request for supplies
- Ensure maintenance of updated suppliers list.
- Compile and maintain feedback about the quality of supplies received and feedback the manufacturers or suppliers.
- Compile scheduled and other ad hoc reports related to supply chain.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
- 2 years’ experience working in supply chain, one of which must have been in the health sector.
- At least two years’ experience working with an international NGO and USAID or donor funding organization will be preferred.
Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for Technical Supply Chain Advisor) to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 16th January 2020