JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting for Office Operations Managers for a USAID-funded HIV prevention Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) program in South Africa. The positions will be based in Durban, Ulundi and Sedibeng.
Job Title: Office Operations Manager
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The Office Manager will be reporting to the Senior provide a complete array of administrative services in support of the JSI EpiC Project Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) team working at the provincial/district level.
Key Performance Areas:
- Reports to the Provincial Manager with dotted-line reporting to the Pretoria Head Office Senior Finance and Operations Manager
- Responsible for overall management of petty cash and operations of the regional office.
- Submits monthly financial reports to the Pretoria head office
- Ensures day to day operations run smoothly as per project requirements and are compliant with JSI and USAID regulations and policies at all times.
- In liaison with Fleet management and Logistics officer, manages all vehicles and drivers and provides monthly reports to Pretoria Head Office in regard to vehicle movement, fuel use and consumption.
- Approves cash flow and purchase requests.
- Authorizes petty cash transactions, expense reports, quotation analyses, purchase orders and monthly updated inventory in compliance with the JSI approval matrix.
- Ensures that all supporting documentation for all purchase activity not covered by petty cash is complete, accurate and compliant with JSI policies and procedures. This documentation is sent on a weekly basis to the Pretoria Head Office so that payments are made on time.
- Supervises the Administrative Assistant(s).
- Other duties as assigned by the Provincial Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- First University Degree (BA/BSc.) in Administration, Management or a field relevant to the position
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain sense of perspective.
- The position requires a fair minded, people oriented and caring individual with excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to diversity.
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Experience working with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Specifying in the Subject Line the Position being applied for and location e.g. “Office Operations Manager – Durban” to [email protected]. Please clearly indicate in the subject line if you are applying for the Durban, Ulundi or Sedibeng based position.
Applications Deadline: 15th November 2019