Just Grace is a non-profit organisation that runs various community empowerment initiatives in Langa Township, Cape Town.
- Phuhlisa! School Strengthening Programme supports learner retention and educational attainment at five Langa high schools through training, financial and legal advice as well as support for at-risk learners such as home visits, counselling, career guidance and life skills.
- Qhubeka! Youth Development Programme holistically supports learners throughout high school and into further education, training or employment.
- Phakama! Community Development & Family Strengthening Programme provides individual care and practical support to community members to become empowered and active.
- Khula! Entrepreneurship and Small Business Support offers free advice, support and training to existing or prospective business owners and entrepreneurs in Langa.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Langa Township, Cape Town.
Remuneration: R15 000 – R18 000 per month. The candidate can work remotely for approximately 60% of the week.
The purpose of this position is to develop and manage Just Grace’s fundraising and sustainability strategy.
- Design and implement a results-oriented and coordinated strategy to mobilise significant additional resources from donors, foundations, philanthropists and corporates.
- Coordinate the development of highly competitive resource mobilisation proposals and concept notes and ensure achievement of positive results.
- Develop innovative revenue creation strategies, including non-traditional revenue streams to generate income.
- Develop and maintain an effective project tracking system and ensure all donor funding requirements are met.
- Manage bid strategies, from pre-solicitation/pre-proposal, proposal preparation, submissions and follow up to onboarding of new grants or revenue streams.
- Write and submit grant applications.
- Write and submit donor feedback reports.
- A passion for community development and the NGO sector.
- Inquisitive and self-motivated learner.
- Proactive and performance orientated.
- Relevant Bachelor’s, Honours or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Where the candidate has extensive demonstratable experience and excellent references as well as meets all of the other requirements, the requirement for a degree may be waived.
- Must be analytically minded and have excellent English writing skills, including the ability to compile insightful and user-friendly reports.
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing.
- Must be highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning skills and a proactive and positive approach.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment, and to coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the NGO sector and knowledge of donor processes/requirements.
- Understanding of SETAs and B-BBEE an advantage.
- Strong MS Office skills a must, with working knowledge SharePoint an advantage.
- Fluency in an isiXhosa is advantageous but not required.
Kindly note that applications which do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Business Development Manager”.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 30 September, 2020