Posted on :
3 Feb, 2023
3 Feb, 2023
At Lancet Laboratories (Electronic Laboratory Services Pty Ltd) we recognise that results are achieved through attracting, developing and retaining the best people. We support the attainment of equal opportunity progress, and believe that people are the spirit to us accomplishing our strategic goals.
Job Title: Junior IT Infrastructure Technician
Location: Richmond Auckland Park (JHB Central)
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a IT Infrastructure Technician: Level 1. This position is based at Electronic Laboratory Services Pty Ltd Richmon Auckland Park (JHB Central)
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides desktop support for the Practice ensuring all system users equipment is functional as per departmental and organisational requirements
Duties & Responsibilities:
The post holder is expected to:
• Checks all allocated tasks to determine workflow for the day
• Executes tasks in order of importance as indicated by supervisor
• Captures progress and completion report so that supervisor can update status to management
• Provides basic instruction on usage of hardware and software to system users
• Continuously checks for new tasks on Meditach and assess level of attention required for attending to new tasks.
• Prioritises new tasks logged based on urgency and level of attention and allocate and route resources to ensure appropriate attention and optimal use of resources.
• Supervises and manages technicians to ensure allocated tasks are attended to and completed
• Follows-up on existing and outstanding tasks to ensure successful completion and upon completion signing off on system.
• Schedules meetings with all stakeholders to plan and ensure effective- setting up of new sites and/or upgrading of existing sites to meet departmental and organisational goals.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
Education and Qualifications:
Relevant IT Certificate/Diploma
1-2 Yrs Relevant IT Working Experience
Special Technical Requirements:
M365 (SharePoint, Teams, One Drive, Exchange online) certifications
2-3 years Hyper-V and VNWare Expereince
BasicTelephony (Asterisk) Experience
Basic Bakcup (Commvolt) Experience.
Package & Remuneration
Negotiable, based on qualifications and experience.