Learn to Earn (LtE)’s vision is ‘to eradicate unemployment and other legacies of injustice in South Africa and Africa’. Their basis for human-scale development is based on restorative justice. Through providing a programme that recognizes human dignity and the human right to live a meaningful life, They aim to assist individuals with the restoration of their self-respect.
They do this by empowering them to provide for themselves and for their families. Established in 1989, Learn to Earn is a skills development organisation, comprising of an NPO and a PTY, which develops unemployed people, socially, economically, emotionally and spiritually, irrespective of race, ethnicity and religion.
Job Title: Bake for Profit Course Trainer
- Facilitate, train and present practical classes for the Bake for Profit Course within a holistic approach which includes but is not restricted to: Recipe costings; stock counts and procurement; Checking availability of ingredients; Preparing equipment and inventories; training costings of weekly products, troubleshooting product related queries.
- Facilitate, train and present business training lessons for the Bake for Profit Course, which includes but is not restricted to: Costing of the current week’s product(s), present the lesson plans as per the training material.
- Conduct assessments (summative and formative) for students attending the course
- Apply food safety standard within the training environment and promote good hygiene, health and safety practices and procedures.
- Promote and market the Bake for Profit course offered at Learn to Earn.
- The ongoing development and improvement of relevant and applicable training materials including, methodologies and curriculum
- Administer all course requirements including assessment and registration of students, collection and capturing of fees, keeping of attendance records, competency assessments, compiling monthly and annual course reports, preparation of certificates and assisting with graduation ceremonies
- LtE as the intellectual property (IP) owner of Bake for Profit, with the backing and sponsorship of a corporate donor. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for:
- All administration and networking between partner organisations implementing the Bake for Profit Course nationally (other NGO’s training Bake-for-Profit)
- Administer and monitor standardized practices with partner organisation and reporting on implementation of Bake for Profit
- Contribute to the alignment of the Bake for Profit modules to the NQF and the accreditation of the course with the relevant SETA.
- Assess focus areas to allow people to move from a position of unemployment to one of self-sustainability.
- Assist with financial responsibilities in the Baking School including financial management of fees and other income, assisting in budget preparation and seeking donations.
- Overseeing and maintaining all equipment and material.
- Mentoring graduates including those who are self-employed.
- Develop a network of potential work-providers for graduates.
- Training certification in Consumer Studies, Hospitality or Baking would be advantageous
- Matric / Grade 12
- Be computer literate with previous CRM experience advantageous, especially Salesforce
- Have previous facilitator experience and be physically fit and able to lift, carry, move, stand for long periods of time and knead bread dough
- Bakery experience within industry would be desirous but must understand metric and imperial measurements
- Have proven understanding of budgets and costing of recipes
- Have a valid drivers’ license
- Ability to communicate cross culturally
- Be able to speak isiXhosa is advantageous
- Other necessary requirements:
- Learn to Earn (LtE) is a registered Christian skills development organization which seeks to develop people, especially unemployed people, socially, economically, emotionally and spiritually. As such this a team ministry and the following will also be required in addition to the above:
- Participate in weekly staff devotions and prayer meetings.
- Participate in the employer’s Annual Staff Retreat, we go away together for a weekend to restore and refresh spiritually.
- Participate in the employer’s Annual Report Back Meeting and other FR Events, this may occur over weekends or in the evenings after normal working hours.
- Be co-responsible for the continued development of the employer.
- Endorse and promote the employer’s Statement of Faith, Commitment, Vision and Mission Statements and Statement of Principles.
- Further to this, it imperative that the incumbent ascribes to the organisation’s vision, mission, principles of faith and be an active member of an evangelical church.
- Outside of the employees above responsibilities the employee will be expected to do things that fall outside of the ambit of their job description, including but not limited to sweeping, cleaning, covering for and helping other staff. This is a team ministry.
Please read the full advert before applying. Do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Correspondance will not be entererd into.
Should you meet the requirements and have the necessary experience and understand the job requirements and wish to apply, please do so in writing with:
- Covering letter: In your covering letter please indicate your current and required salary, your mobility to travel between branches and notice period with your current employer, if any. It should also include your faith journey.
- CV (no more than 5 pages) with 3 contactable references, (please exclude sending certificates).
- Letter from your church pastor or small group leader regarding your church membership and activity.
- Email to: [email protected], with the subject line: Vacancy: Bake for Profit [your name here]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 30 September, 2020