Overall Purpose of the Job
To co-ordinate the learning and development function for the Sub Saharan Africa Region.
- Maintain the Country Competence Assurance System.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of the Competence Assurance System across the Region.
- Help develop and deliver training programmes to meet Competence Management System requirements.
- Focal point for Region Learning and Development.
- Focal point for all external training providers.
- Drive personnel development to meet EIO (Excellence In Operations) targets.
- Establish training program for all new field personnel and ensure compliance to it in conjunction with Country Management.
- Co-ordinate delivery of training programme for all new hires.
Job Context and Main Activities
- This role is to ensure all personnel are competent to perform their work to a minimum acceptable standard. The main activities are:-
- To ensure compliance with group standards of Competency & Training for our personnel.
- To support the Country Manager to provide and complete competence assessment of their staff.
- To monitor assessment practice and quality assurance arrangements to meet company requirements & standards.
- To liaise with operations to ensure the Learning and Development function is meeting its requirement.
- To deliver training programmes to support the Expro Competence Management programme.
- To act as the focal point for audit of Country competence system.
- To maintain an accurate competence assurance database.
- To ensure all documentation is kept up to date.
- To prepare reports and presentations on competence/training for Country Management.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other Region Learning and Development personnel.
- Liaise with training focal points.
Decision making Authority/Level of Supervision Required
- Minimum supervision required.
- Negotiate with line managers for people resources.
- Country Management:- To work with Country management to deliver Learning & Development needs for the Area.To establish competence and training requirements of staff and report on progress.
- Assessors:- To ensure competence assessment is progressed and to an acceptable standard.
- Candidates:- To ensure they understand the requirements for completion of portfolios.
- Competence & training focal points:- To establish common practice across the Company and assist whenever possible.
- External Training Providers:- To ensure training is of an acceptable standard and meets company policy & procedures.
- Co-ordinating the requirements of line management, assessors, candidates and external bodies.
- Progressing competence assessment and training under challenging operational demands.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- Understanding of Expro Services and operations
- Operational / Operational Support Experience of two or more of our product lines at a senior level
- Working knowledge and experience of Competence Assurance systems ideally within oil service industry.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in Learning & Development ideally within an oil service company.
• Experience working with one or more of our product lines namely Surface Well Testing; Sub Sea Landing Strings; Wireline; Cased Hole Logging; Early Production; Fluids sampling.
• Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact with personnel at all levels.
Click here to apply online