Posted on :
26 Aug, 2021
26 Aug, 2021
MRM Mariakani is seeking to recruit a professional and experienced Production Technician – Roll Forming
The position reports to the Production Engineer – Roll Forming.
Job Title: Production Technician
Location: Mariakani, Coast Province, Kenya
Reference #: MRMCS26/08/2021
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Responsible for monitoring, coordination and supervision of Roll Forming processes and manpower to
ensure efficient production of Color/AZ Coated Profiled sheets and accessories at optimum cost,
acceptable quality levels and timely delivery to the market.
1. Overall Supervision of production, manpower and quality at Roll Forming section.
2. Supervising the Roll Forming process, ensuring optimal production, Safety of manpower, and
reduction on avoidable delays.
3. Meet production targets through shift wise execution of Production Programs at Roll Forming
4. Monitoring product and Quality standards – to ensure that products are produced on time and are
of good acceptable quality.
5. Ensuring usage of systems of production tracking (SAP) and quality control.
6. Participating in finding solutions for repetitive equipment failures and product complaints.
7. Timely reporting of equipment health issues – for timely address to reduce on downtime.
8. Actively participate in problem solving for safety, productivity and quality improvement.
9. Control of material such as strapping wire, lifting belts / tongs and Power at finishing ensuring that
they conform to the Budget.
10. Supervising and motivating a team of workers; through effective supervision and solving /
reporting of people issues where applicable.
11. Ensure Team compliance to Quality, Environment, Health and Safety.
12. Supervise, participate and support 5K activities at Roll Forming.
13. Performing other duties as assigned by the Production Engineer.
i. Minimum Diploma – Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Chemical Engineering or
equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
ii. Minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience in steel industry.
iii. Must have experience in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, Health and Safety.
iv. Ability to supervise and coordinate workforce with passion to achieve results
v. Proficiency in computer software applications; MS Word / Excel/ Power point.
vi. Manufacturing industry experience.
Application Deadline: 09/09/2021