Staff Solutions is a bespoke recruitment agency founded in 2004, with a national footprint. Our team provides both permanent and temporary recruitment services to the majority of industries/sectors throughout South Africa. We are open to international recruitment too. Staff Solutions offers “old-fashioned recruitment ethics and values “, in an advanced technological environment. We pride ourselves in keeping up to date with technological advances, but still retain the personal touch with both our clients and candidates. If you are a General Manager or a General Worker, your application is important to us.
Job Title: Assistant Purchasing Manager
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
Opportunity Available!! Our leading client in the Automotive Sector is looking to employ an Assistant Purchasing Manager to join their dynamic team in Durban.
- Procure all manufactured components and tooling, within specified cost, quality and timing parameters
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain timeous technical information and ensure its relevant utilisation in the procurement of all local components and/or tooling.
- Procure all local components / tooling / materials in line with the customer specifications and selected technology at budgeted costs and within the agreed timing.
- Assess current components / tooling / materials in view of cost / quality / lead time improvements and savings.
- Assist in the quotation of new business.
- Manage and control of procurement programs from the R.F.Q stage to and including volume production.
- Manage, development of supplier base with regards to mutual development of products, process capability and quality assurance.
- Ensure all components are ISIR approved, to the latest level drawings.
- Effective localization of imported components / material, when mandated by engineering and / or economic factors.
- Ensure all PCN’s are timeously negotiated and processed.
- Ensure pricing stability in line with Company Policy.
- Ensure components / tooling / material are sourced from quality approved suppliers.
- Ensure all Customer and Smiths’ tooling is effectively managed and controlled.
- Manage run out and run in functions, liaise with customers and internal departments.
- Manage potential obsolescence and slow moving stocks.
- Negotiating Contracts, prices, timelines,etc
- Maintaining the supplier data base, purchase records and related documentation
- Coordinating with stores to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Other functions as determined by Manager.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline
- 3-5 years related experience in a similar role at a manufacturing industry or automotive manufacturing/components sector
- Experience with direct buying in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working on ERP software e.g. JD Edwards
- Supervisory and management experience -must have proven experience of managing buyers and expeditors.
Application Deadline: October 19 2023