Staff Solutions is a bespoke recruitment agency founded in 2004, with a national footprint. Our team provides both permanent and temporary recruitment services to the majority of industries/sectors throughout South Africa. We are open to international recruitment too. Staff Solutions offers “old-fashioned recruitment ethics and values “, in an advanced technological environment. We pride ourselves in keeping up to date with technological advances, but still retain the personal touch with both our clients and candidates. If you are a General Manager or a General Worker, your application is important to us.
Job Title: Technician Metrology (FTC)
Location: East London
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Temporary
Opportunity Available!! Our leading client in the Automotive Manufacturing Sector is looking to employ a Technician Metrology to join their dynamic team in East London.
- Maintenance of measuring software.
- Perform accuracy and repeatability checks.
- Problem solving – analysing results, explaining and communicating results.
- Measuring of series Bodyshop assemblies incl. HoP (i.e. hang on parts)
- Checking and calibrating (adjusting) all components – (Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), probe systems, probe changer, etc.
- Ensuring data transfer to PiWeb and furnishing of measurement results.
- Interpretation of measuring reports.
- Standard reporting of QZ (i.e., Quality Targets)
- Support with cross-functional technical product investigations
- Minimum NQF 5 – National Certificate Mechanical Engineering or close equivalent.
- Mechanical Trade (preferable)
- 1-3 years’ experience in Metrology
- Metrology problem solving skills/failure resolution
- PiWeb experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy skills including the ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Experience in working with CAD models would be advantageous
- Ability to conduct measurement analysis would be advantageous e.g., with CALIGO or Polyworks including the needed CAD preparation
- Experience in working with Caligo (preferable)
- Ability to use FaroArm would be advantageous
- Ability to perform the minimum required physical and mental requirements of the function
Application Deadline: September 10 2023
(Kindy note this is a FTC role)