Posted on :
1 Apr, 2011
As a company, and as individuals, we value integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, continual self-improvement, and mutual respect. We are committed to our customers and partners and have a passion for technology. We take on big challenges, and pride ourselves on seeing them through. We hold ourselves accountable to our customers, shareholders, partners, and employees by honoring our commitments, providing results, and striving for the highest quality. Microsoft South Africa Recruits PFE Security / Desktop
Premier Field Engineer – Security / Desktop
– To provide Onsite Support Services and Incident Prevention Services to Microsoft Premier Customers.
– Build very successful relationships with your customer through the delivery of a high-quality technical engagement in a
specific technology area.
– Delivery of an excellent service is essential to promoting the Onsite services as the most customer focused offering
– The engagements may be short-term demand-led or longer term engagements with a dedicated customer.
– Team/ Department Mission As part of the Customer Service and Support (CSS) the Premier Filed Engineering Services
organization delivers Rapid Onsite Support Services and Incident Prevention Services to MS Enterprise customers.
– The PFE engineers help Premier customers during the “operate” and “improve” phase of the MS product usage.
– The Support Service can be proactive for workshop and SKU service delivery and reactive as well as response on critical
– Increase service availability for Microsoft’s Enterprise Customers by providing proactive support consulting in a specific
product or Technology area.
– Use an adequate technical expertise in troubleshooting to support reactive cases.
– Deliver proactive onsite support and knowledge transfer to the customer.
– Drive on preventing incidents during your customer visits.
– Deliver SKU services and customized workshops.
– Drive high customer satisfaction on GTSC support incidents.
– Maintain deep knowledge of latest products and configurations of Enterprise Customers by continuously increasing
– Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
– Deliver technical workshops, presentations and documents.
– Maintain your accreditations.
– Collaborate with Microsoft teams to deliver a high quality service.
– Work with Microsoft support engineers using knowledge of your customer’s environment to accelerate problem resolution.
– Manage customer expectations and deliver a service in line with contractual obligations.
– Develop and deliver new services to exceed customer expectations.
– Take responsibility for the Microsoft engagement and your own self development.
– Work within Microsoft account teams on strategic customer deployments which may extend outside business hours.
Key Success Criteria:
– Achievement of personal and team objectives.
– Customer and account team feedback.
– Ongoing feedback through appraisals – Regular 1:1s with team manager – Yearly formal review – Alignment with Microsoft
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
– Face-to-face customer engagement skills.
– At least 7 years experience supporting Enterprise customers with. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
– Strong English and French Languages.
– Awareness of corporate environments and their business requirements.
– Strong experience with Security.
– Experience on ISA Server
– Experience on Thread Management Gateway Server
– Experience on Forefront Endpoint Protection
– Strong experience with MS Windows 2000 and/or 2003, 2008 servers.
– Understanding of the following technologies is desirable:
– MS Cluster services; Terminal services, networking technologies, PKI, UAG
– Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Desktop experience
– Demonstrated aptitude for providing exceptional customer service Strong team participant and involvement in team
workload and activities.
– Integrity and honesty
– Open and respectful with others
– Willing to take on big challenges
– Passion for customers, partners and technology.
– Accountable for commitments, results and quality.
– Self-critical, questioning and committed to personal excellence.
– MCSE certification plus Security experience is a MUST.
– CISSP Certification is preferred.
– Degree qualification or equivalent experience.
– ITIL/Service Management experience or 3rd level support experience.
– Windows Desktop Exam advantageous
– Special Requirements/Additional Information e.g. Language skills
– The majority of time will be spent on customer sites.
– Therefore the following requirements are essential :
o Full driving license
o Ability to travel