Know more about your clients than your family? Then you are the type of person we need to look after a selected group of high profile accounts across various industries – the kind of job ideal for a dynamic, intelligent and passionate person.
Not many people can say that they work for a business that has achieved 7,579% growth globally. In recognition of this, Mimecast was awarded Messaging Product of the Year for 2012 and ranked 20th Fastest Growing Technology Company in the UK in the 2012 Deloitte Technology Fast 50. Check out our website to find out about the other major industry awards Mimecast has achieved to date.
We understand that success is built on our people and therefore we take hiring very seriously. Only people that represent our passion, energy and commitment to the big picture will be considered for a rare spot in this company that is genuinely going somewhere and fast.
To ensure continued accelerated growth we are looking for brilliant people to join our super charged team where your energy and commitment will have a direct effect on your own value creation. To be successful, you need to be excited by the opportunity to apply your progressive knowledge and thinking as well as by the opportunity to continually stretch and learn. You will not be ‘a number’ so with that comes greater responsibility and commitment. Be ready to operate at full capacity!
About The Role
The SME/Digital Account Manager role resides within the Customer Advocate (CA) Team led by the Customer Experience Manager. The team is essentially responsible for interfacing with a portfolio of customers and key Channel Partners to ensure customer delight and retention whilst driving additional revenue through strategic sales activities.
You must be able to demonstrate your ability to digitally manage a large portfolio of small and geographically dispersed customers according to the Digital Customer Engagement Strategy Framework. Innovation in digital communications is an exciting platform and presents a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to broaden their scope and gain experience across multiple touch points of media and bring their own ideas and creativity into play. Determining the level and type of engagement required and executing in an organized and well planned manner is key to the success of this role as is identifying and acting upon opportunities to drive additional revenue within your accounts.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate must be a meticulous ‘do-er’ who is passionate about customer account management and has bundles of energy. In order to succeed you must be excited about digital customer account management and working in a fast paced, agile but well-structured IT sales environment that is regularly reinventing itself. You must also be exceedingly customer orientated, well organized and meticulous.
- Execute the Customer Experience Strategy for all SME and digitally managed customers
- Be the single point of contact for all SME and digitally managed customers
- Defined Ability to troubleshoot and solve customer problems
- Ability to plan scalable engagements with customers through event planning, or working through linked Channel Partners
- Strategize and execute upsell opportunities within allocated customer base
- Ability to engage with customers on all levels, with the focus on verbal and written communication. Face to face engagements can occur where required but telephonic or digital engagements are the focus area.
- Knowledge sharing and education within responsible base – ability to demonstrate/train when required
- Basic Report Management
- Methodical and diligent record keeping and database management – attention to detail is a must have
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 2 years Customer focused Account Management role
- Proven Sales success
- Passion for IT
- Experience with social media will be an advantage
- Outcomes orientated – takes time to understand what the customer requires and adopts and outside in approach
- Meeting and Greeting skills
- Engaging technical presentation skills
- Listening skills
- Flexible Communication Skills towards different audiences in a customer
- High energy
- Natural people person
- Disciplined, structured and methodical
- Critical thinking
- Fast learning and well versed in digital communication platforms – social media is an advantage
- PASSION for customer service and sales
- Keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with complex business situations
- Logical solution management
- Able to network within an environment in order to draw on resources to solve problems
Essential Customer Service Skills
- Knowledge: Understand Customer industries and develop specific communication relevant to those industries.
- A good relationship builder: – Build key relationships within channel partner base allocated to customers to effectively communicate on a scalable way.
- Think Strategic: – Ability to consider the winder implications of the business and be able to develop strategies to achieve goals and overcome barriers.
- Leadership Qualities: – Become an expert in both your business and your customer’s business. Involve the support team and be an ambassador for their company and brand.
- Decision Maker: – Know how to prioritize and make key decisions that ultimately impact the business
- Negotiator: – Negotiating skills are vital
- Proactive: – Never be complacent
- Enthusiastic: – Being able to demonstrate this to customers and employers especially when “buy-in” is needed
- Communicator: – Having the skills to use all methods of digital communication to constantly engage customers. This can include Telephone, Skype, Webbex, Linkedin
- Organized: – Excellent time management and organizational skills. The ability to plan activity designed to generate revenue.
- Someone who is driven by being part of something BIG
- A person that demands respect and attention where required
- A dynamic and confident networker and negotiator
- Strong sales and business skills
- Project management skills in order to co-ordinate roll out projects and other requirements at key customers
- Someone who believes in explaining the context
- Ability to make sense out of complexity and acts quickly
Candidates wishing to apply are invited to forward their CV to [email protected]:
A detailed task will be given to applicants that will form part of the interview process.
Please note that only candidates with the required skills and experience should apply.
If you do not have a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please deem your application unsuccessful. We wish you all the best in your career search.