mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families.
Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Country Finance Officer
Location: Cape Town
The Country Finance Officer is responsible for the recording and reconciliation of financial transactional data of the Country Office including review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records. He/she is also responsible for supervising the logistics and admin support functions. Country Finance Officer reports directly the Senior Finance Officer and provides direct support to the Country Team and SA Country staff.
Key Performance Areas:
Fleet management and Administration
- Supervises fleet management including vehicle licenses, issuing of company vehicle and ensures they are maintained in good working order.
- Through the Office Administrator sources, negotiates prices, orders, tracks deliveries, purchases commodities, equipment and office supplies, checks inventories and quality of goods purchased.
- Develops, maintaining and updating the supplier data base and ensures that all relevant documents are available including Supplier current tax clearance, BBEEE and other accreditation certificates.
- Manages all Service Level Agreements that may be in place and any contracts between the suppliers and the organization
- Maintains good record keeping of key m2m finance and administrative documents; maintains audit trail of procurement, travel and training and development
- Track and update weekly PRs and TRs tracking sheet as per approvals by the Procurement Review Committee
- Follow up on Local travel and staff account expenses.
- Enter all invoices onto the Accounting system and allocate them against purchase orders;
- Deal with supplier queries regarding payments;
- Ensure that direct debits payment are checked to supporting documentation and correctly recorded in the accounting system;
- Run the creditor report at month-end;
- Report all invoices received without a purchase order or relevant supporting documentation on a monthly basis;
- To co-ordinate the entry of credit cards on the accounting system;
- To ensure monthly payment reports are produced for the cash flow analysis;
- Revenue/Income, Debtors and cash book management
- Check bank accounts, print statements and distribute proof of payments to staff and/or vendors;
- Load debit cards for all Country staff and print bank statements monthly;
- Prepare the month-end debtors report and ensure all income is allocated correctly;
- Ensure that internal bank transfers are correctly managed;
Month-end and Year–end Activities
- Month-end and Year-end close activities
- Support the Country Finance Manager in liaising with the Finance and Support Services unit to close the month-end in time and conduct all relevant reconciliations;
- Update asset schedule…
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognized Accounting/Business diploma or degree
- At least 5 years post study experience in finance and logistics/admin role
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Highly organised and self-managing
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and within various teams;
- Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high level output consistently
- Relevant experience of working in a finance environment
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/
Application Deadline: 11th October 2019