mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families.
Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Finance & Administration Director
Location: South Africa
The Director of Finance & Administration (DFA) is responsible for the financial function within mothers2mothers South Africa (m2mSA) and its branches in countries of programmatic operation and has overall responsibility for:
- Financial recording and record keeping and reporting, including the preparation of management and statutory information for the Chief Executive Officer and President (CEO), Chief Operating Officer ( COO), a Global Senior Financial Advisor (GSFA, to be determined), m2mSA Board of Directors, Senior Management/Heads of Departments, m2m local boards in countries of operation, and key external stakeholders;
- Financial compliance with relevant statutory regulations and related legislation;
- Safeguarding assets, investments, and interests of the organisations by advising the CEO, COO, SFA, Senior Management, the m2mSA Board, m2m local boards in countries of operation, and other stakeholders about the financial health of the organisation;
- Implements the principles of transparency and good corporate governance insofar as they apply to the financial and procurement functions;
- Participates in and contributes to investment and other strategic decision making; and
- Provides treasury and statutory functions for the organisation, including serving as the Treasurer for the m2mSA Board of Directors and staffing the m2mSA Audit & Finance Committee, supporting the Global Ad Hoc Finance Committee, and ensuring governance compliance with the South Africa Companies Act or related legislation governing the various entities and other statutes and by-laws. The position will be based in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
- Organisation Strategy and Functional Leadership
- Financial and Operational Management
- General Accounting Systems
- Corporate Financial Analysis & Systems
- Financial Analysis, Pricing, and Budgets
- Payroll Management and Administration
- Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk
- Company Treasurer and Fiduciary Functions
- Internal/External Performance Management
- Administration (Facilities, Information Technologies, and Travel Services)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) or equivalent degree plus three (3) years external articles certification. A CA (S.A.) or CPA is required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior financial management role partnering with executives, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies;
- Strong staff management, and oversight of either branch or off-site teams/offices;
- Extensive experience in/or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including advanced/sophisticated fund and award management, compliance, and reporting;
- Hands-on knowledge of U.S. Government (USG) policies/guidelines, including Standard Provisions, the USAID Automated Directories System (ADS), 2CFR200/700, the U.S. Federal Acquisition System (FAR), and any other relevant USG governing documents; and Negotiated Indirect Cost Rates (NICRA); and
- Knowledge of and experience with information technology/cloud-based financial systems to manage, integrate, and improve accounting systems and related packages.
- Strong executive management and exceptional organisation, analytical, strategic thinking skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organisational goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- High energy, maturity, and strong leadership skills, with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position financial/organisational discussions at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence.”
- Highly effective and versatile communication skills (written and oral), with the ability to communicate clearly with core internal stakeholders.
- Excellent numeracy, high attention to detail, ability to juggle changing priorities.
- Strong team management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and communicating both internally and externally in a timely and responsive manner.
- Experience working in other countries, especially those within m2m’s focal geographies of Africa; and America and Europe.
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in another language is highly desirable.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/
Application Deadline: 20th December 2019