mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families.
Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Strategic Information Manager
Location: South Africa
The Strategic Information Manager will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. S/he will lead Activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the geographic area of Activity, which may include overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers, counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring, evaluation, and support coordination with national MIS.
This position is based in Mbombela, Mpumalanga, South Africa, and reports to the Chief of Party.
Key Performance Areas:
- Management of project specific M&E framework and Plan including systems requirements
- Manage project evaluations including synthesis of information and managing dissemination towards improved knowledge sharing/management
- Facilitate data utilisation including guiding routine project performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI
- Develop and adapt M&E system in line with Project priorities and organisational M&E framework
- Coordinate project operations research & publications portfolio in collaboration with Chief of Party and project team
- Provision of strategic information for project level decision making in relation to programme performance monitoring, planning, resource mobilisation, strategic positioning and programme design.
- Lead project M&E related internal and external reporting, providing relevant strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making
- Oversight & development of M&E technical expertise for project team to ensure adequate capacity to support project activities.
- Manage project M&E team ensuring adequate staffing and capacity.
Qualification, Competencies and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance- based programs funded by PEPFAR.
- Demonstrated ability to be the senior technical specialist and as a senior subject matter expert in data analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare expert quality data visualizations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make recommendations based on findings.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources;
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of M&E systems development, best practices, innovations and international developments in HIV.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Dynamic, innovative, results and action oriented leader.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with experience managing human resources
- Strategic thinker with strong business and analytical skills.
- High ability to work independently with sound decision making.
- Possession of own car and valid driver’s license beneficial.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Application Deadline: 20th March 2020