Since 1986 Mould Empower Serve MES Johannesburg has been fulfilling the needs of the marginal and destitute communities in and around Johannesburg. MES Johannesburg works on a holistic approach of intake, intervention and exit.
All programmes are structured to successfully help each client one-step at a time. MES Johannesburg covers all services to ensure each client will have an exit opportunity with a successful outcome of becoming a sustainable citizen.
Job Title: Individuals and Churches Fundraiser
Job Location: Johannesburg
Purpose of the position is to administrate, coordinate and manage the fundraising and marketing strategy with a special focus on individuals and churches. Also responsible for Salesforce Administration.
- New Individual and Churches Strategy Development
- Prepare workable proposal for MES to participate in fundraising for individuals and churches
- Co-develop and implement marketing tools & initiatives supporting the organisation’s individuals and churches strategy
- Nurture ties with existing individuals and churches through the strategy
- New leads converted to donors due to roll-out of strategy
- Raise funds through Individuals and Churches strategy implementation.
- Individuals and Churches Fundraising
- To manage, maintain and expand the organisation’s individual and church strategy.
- To co-develop the donor recruitment, donor approach and donor care plan standard operational procedures.
- To compile a projected annual income forecast as per the assigned donors.
- Utilise a strategic planning approach to identify opportunities for fundraising and initiate, coordinate and evaluate fundraising activities from individual donors and possible event sponsors.
- To organise pop-up exhibitions at churches and public areas and offer support for F&M events
- Meet with identified potential individuals and churches to attract support for the mission of MES
- To submit proposals and conduct appropriate follow-up
- To prepare solid feedback reports to donors where needed
- To liaise with programme managers regarding client proposals, requests, and feedback
- To liaise with finance department regarding the financial follow up and implications
- To liaise with support services regarding goods in kind donations received
- Research potential clients and engage at network opportunities
- Maintain database files and records including those used to track contributions and keep accurate mailing lists
- To stay well-informed and updated on the latest fundraising changes and developments
- Corporate and Operational Work Ethos:
- Conduct business according to the agreed upon MES Heartbeat Values
- Submit month report on all activities conducted
- Attend the monthly Fundraising and Marketing meetings and other meetings scheduled to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Ensure that accurate back-ups are done on all data
- Appropriate data capturing and recording of funding status utilising Salesforce
- General Duties:
- Due to new developments of the department duties might be renegotiated within a reasonable scope with the employee.
- Essential Qualifications:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a fundraiser in the NGO sector.
- Drivers Licence
- Skills / Professional Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite
- Excellent command in spoken and written English and Afrikaans language
- Knowledge of trends, techniques and best practices in fundraising and development
- Budgeting experience
- Beneficial Qualities:
- Be innovative i.e. come up with new ideas and suggestions that can benefit the fundraising and marketing department
- Must have public speaking experience
Submit your CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 31 July, 2019