Closing Date: 13 September 2013
Group Technology is committed to developing young IT talent by being involved in the ITBLP and sponsoring a number of students every year, including 2014.
The ITBLP is aimed at providing full scholarships for advanced Information and Communication Technology training to previously disadvantaged matriculants and graduates with a flair for technology.
A 24-month learnership programme, ITBLP 2014 will run from January 2014 until the end of December 2015. The programme is made up as follows:
- For the first 12 months, successful candidates are in residence at the training provider completing the academic component.
- Thereafter, the successful candidates complete the 12-month workplace component by being placed in Group Technology where they will be provided with the opportunity to practically apply what they have learnt at Belgium Campus.
All class fees, books and residential fees will be paid for by Group Technology. Learners will also receive a monthly allowance for the duration of the learnership.
On successful completion of the programme, learners will receive a National Certificate: Information Technology. The ITBLP courseware includes the following specialisation courses: System Development; Cobol; IBM Mainframe; Security; Web sphere; and Networking.
Successful learners stand a good chance of employment; however, employment is not guaranteed.
- Applicants must have recently completed Matric, with Mathematics and English Level 4 or higher (Higher Grade “D” or Standard Grade “C”) . Applicants with Mathematics Literacy will not be considered. (Applicants who do not meet these requirements need not apply as their application will not be considered)
- Applicants be willing to study and stay in the Gauteng Province.
- Applicants must have no bad credit rating (including debt incurred at other Universities)
- Applicants must have no criminal record.
- Applicants must have no bad credit rating
- Applicants must have SA Citizenship
How to Apply