Aldelia is a Global Recruitment Company with offices globally and we now have a strong presence in South Africa. We are looking for a Occupational Hygiene Officer for large mining projects throughout Southern Africa. This is a great opportunity to be part of a large well-known mining company in South Africa.
Job Title: Occupational Hygiene Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the work environment comply with all the relevant hygienic standards to minimize potential health risk to employees.
- Close down any operations and activities which pose a health risk or threat to the workforce.
- Design and provide reports to management and use hierarchy of controls to minimize health risks to employees.
- Optimize human resources in a way that maximum output is delivered by the section as a whole.
- Ensure work ethics is of such a nature that workers continuously strive towards improving their own performance.
- Team effectiveness within a controlled risk environment.
- Manage a safe and healthy work environment where workers and contractor can deliver their outputs
- Estimate annual financial requirements for the section.
- Monitor expenditure on monthly basis.
- Keep up to date on SHE issues.
- Promote the company SHE policies.
- Manage implementation of SHE policies, objectives and targets.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Degree in Environmental Health/ Safety/ Environmental Science or related tertiary qualification.
- Advanced Certificate in Mine and Environmental Control
- Certificate in Mine Environmental Control issued by the Chamber of Mines of South Africa/ Intermediate Certificate in Mine Environmental Control issued by the Chamber of Mines of South Africa
- Certified as an Occupational Hygienist by the South African Institute for Occupational Hygiene (SAIOH)
- 3 Years’ operational experience in a Mine Environment
- 2 Years’ team leader experience within Health and Safety