Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, click here
The main responsibility of the Applications Sales consultant (Pre-Sales Consultant) is to secure Oracle product selection. They assist the Applications Sales Representatives drive the adoption of Oracle application solutions within industries. In a graduate position, the skills need to be developed in order to broadly be able:
- To demonstrate the credibility of an agreed selection Oracle’s Applications products and solutions
- To assist Presales consultant when they respond to demand from Applications Account Management for expertise in creating detailed technical and product solutions for specified needs.
To work as part of Account Teams on specific opportunities to develop product, business, presentation and demonstration skills during which process the team members enhance revenue for Oracle Corporation through Applications license sales.
- Actively developing a depth of product knowledge in the designated applications product areas by self-study as well as formal training.
- Shadowing the Pre-sales team and specified groups in order to increase experience and knowledge.
- Develop awareness of all relevant competitive products
- Learn the consulting skill of understanding the needs and pains of the customer in order to link them to a set of products/solutions provided by Oracle
- Learn to effectively deliver product demos and presentations
- Design and deliver customer demonstrations to articulate Oracle based solutions.
- Contribute technical and product information in response to Invitations To Tender (ITT), Requests For Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Create, present and deliver meetings/presentations/seminars/product demonstrations and events as required
- Shadow Pre-sales team (etc) in order to develop product and technical knowledge
- Understand the local competitive landscape from product area point of view
- Actively develop product expertise – attend adequate technical training, read White Papers, research using the Internet
- Degree in BComm. or other accounting equivalent
- Previous experience in a support or customer facing role would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment
- Proficiency in the English language
- Oracle South Africa is an equal opportunity however preference will be given to disadvantaged individuals.
As part of Oracle employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Click here to view Job and Apply Online