Posted on :
6 Jan, 2023
6 Jan, 2023
This role is responsible for providing legal support and counseling, in connection with asset management and corporate contracts and documents as requested by various company departments and external customers.
Job Title: Corporate Counsel II – Paarl
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Analyze property title and related property documentation to assess the legal feasibility to install telecommunication towers.
· Prepare various risk assessments regarding issues with property title, mortgage bonds, servitudes, the validity of contracts and restrictive conditions, including alternatives to mitigate and control such risks.
· Certify the title of property.
· Research and analyze all applicable law sources, statutes and legal precedent in order to analyze and/or form legal opinions and documentation.
· Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of legal contracts and agreements.
· Attend to general asset / real estate management matters.
· Attend to registration of properties and contracts at the offices of the Deeds Registry of South Africa.
· Prepare and coordinate corporate and regulatory filings.
· Maintain corporate records.
· Preparation of legal letters, memorandums and reports.
· Coordinate and implement projects to improve the internal in country legal processes of the company.
· Resolve issues related to ground leases and permits, which may require in country travel.
· General litigation control, including the updating of the litigation trackers with the control of deadlines and scheduled hearings etc.
· Assist in the implementation and execution of policies relating to diligence and regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, Title standards, Compliance with environmental laws, Compliance with licensure requirements, Scope of work for outside consultants, Risk management and assessments, Corporate, tax and labor obligations, FCPA and anti-corruption policies.
· Assist the Asset Optimization department in the market (purchases, extensions, amendments and abatements).
· General legal advisor responsibilities and the ability to resolve routine legal and real estate issues.
· Legal due diligence with respect to Merger and Acquisition transactions and their corresponding MLAs in sale leaseback deals.
· Other projects and duties as assigned.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
Bachelor’s Degree Admitted Attorney, with B.Comm. LLB or
and 4+ years of experience in Corporate, Commercial and/or real estate transaction environment required, including but not limited to landlord-tenant relations, development & construction and permitting regulation.
and Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions preferred.