Programme for Technological Careers (PROTEC) is a national nonprofit organisation implementing an effective, holistic model of education and career enrichment to help previously disadvantaged school learners with real aptitude, to successfully embark on careers in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Job Title: General Manager for Finance and HR
Job Location: Randburg, Johannesburg
This is a full-time position with an initial three months’ probationary period.
Report to: The Chief Executive Officer
The purpose of the position is to manage all financial aspects of PROTEC.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports are generated timeously
- Process payments and correctly record entries in compliance with PROTEC policies and procedures in SAGE Evolution
- Oversee all HR and IR functions and consult and outsource as and when necessary
- Maintain payroll system and process staff salaries monthly
- Payment and submission of all statutory returns
- Register/ deregister staff with the Dept. of Labour for UIF as when needed
- Maintain sound relations with our banking partner/s and deal with all queries related to banking
- Deliver funding reports
- Manage all financial risk and develop early warning systems
- Manage and supervise all procurement, ensuring alignment with policies and donor contracts
- Monitor project expenditure and implement corrective action where such expenditure exceeds or is not consistent with agreed budgets and donor requirements
- Request the contractual payments from sources of funding timeously
- Establish, implement, educate staff and project managers about and manage effective financial systems and controls to ensure sound management of PROTEC funds
- Ensure that project managers are provided with the tools they need to manage their budgets
- Sign off on ad hoc project expenditure within agreed budgets
- Ensure project managers have accounts of monthly expenditure
- Manage and supervise the work of the bookkeeper and other administrative staff ensuring that all financial and administrative tasks are completed accurately and timeously
- Prepare financial reports for all donors as required by them and within the contractual timeframes and in accordance to donor contracts
- Prepare monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure all documents are electronically and physically filed, protected and available for internal and external audits
- Correct and rectify any qualifications made by auditors
- Preparation of financial reports for all donors as required by them and within the contractual timeframes and in accordance to donor contract
- Release of tax certificates, thank you letters and BEE verification documentation once have been received and cleared in the bank account
- Develop annual programme and organisational budgets, overseeing and supervising budget plans of projects with the CEO
- A Bachelor of Commerce/ Accounting degree or similar field
- Five years’ experience of financial management in the NGO sector
- Proven track record of managing multiple donor accounts successfully
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel in particular, internet, e-mail and other tools of electronic communication and research
- Demonstrated competence in interacting and negotiating at a senior level
- Ability to maintain the highest level of honesty and professionalism when dealing with staff, funders, project participants, and partner organisations
To apply, submit a CV (maximum three pages), motivation letter and three contactable references to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PROTEC is an equal opportunity employer committed to employ within future Employment Equity obligation and reserves the right not to employ.
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2019