Rio Tinto is a leading international mining group headquartered in the UK, combining Rio Tinto plc, a London listed company, and Rio Tinto Limited, which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. Rio Tinto’s business is finding, mining, and processing mineral resources.
Major products are aluminum, copper, diamonds, energy (coal and uranium), gold, industrial minerals (borax, titanium dioxide, salt, talc) and iron ore. Activities span the world but are strongly represented in Australia and North America with significant businesses in South America, Asia, Europe and southern Africa. Learn more at www.riotinto.com.
Rio Tinto is keen to attract, develop and maintain graduates of the highest calibre to help discover, mine and process a wide range of mineral resources in the most efficient, environmentally-friendly and cost effective ways possible.
Our dedicated graduate development program is designed to provide our graduate and postgraduate employees with genuine long-term career opportunities.
Once selected for the program with one of our business units, you will be awarded a position and provided with a written development plan, an experienced mentor, technical training, exposure to senior management, and assignments designed to broaden and enhance your capabilities.
Rio Tinto offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including retirement, housing and medical aid.
Graduates in their final year of a relevant degree course, and those who have recently graduated with the necessary qualifications, should consider a career with Rio Tinto. Some examples of relevant degree disciplines are listed below:
• Metallurgical / Chemical / Process Engineering
• Mining Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Environmental Science
• Instrumentation / Electronics Engineering
We continually seek applicants with:
• A positive attitude towards safety
• A sound knowledge base in your chosen field and ambitious career aspirations
• The ability to take a leadership role and work well in a team environment
• Excellent problem solving skills
• A willingness to express ideas and share information
• A keen interest in continuous improvement and an openness to change
• The ability to plan work to meet deadlines
The following information must accompany your application:
• Certified copies of latest results
• Certified copy of Identity document
• Curriculum Vitae
• Cover letter
Due to the large volume of responses we receive, you will only be contacted by Rio Tinto if additional information is required or if you are selected for an interview.