Posted on :
17 Sep, 2010
17 Sep, 2010
Sasol Limited (Sasol) is an integrated energy and chemicals company. The Company’s segments include South African energy cluster, which comprises Sasol Mining, Sasol Gas, Sasol Synfuels, Sasol Oil and Other; International energy cluster, which includes Sasol Synfuels International and Sasol Petroleum International; Chemical cluster, which comprises Sasol Polymers, Sasol Solvents, Sasol Olefins & Surfactants, and Other Chemicals, and Other businesses, which includes Sasol Technology, Sasol Financing and alternative energy businesses. Sasol South Africa recruits Snr Project Engineer
To execute project through all phases as per the business and development and implementation model.
• Implement new projects from the Front-end-loading phases to completion by applying Project Management principles and Sasol Business Development and Implementation (BD&I) Model.
• Detail interfacing and liaison with the other disciplines, especially Engineering Management, Cost Engineering and Planning.
• Coordination of other disciplines.
• Interface with Business and Operations as far as scheduling, budget and quality are concerned. Single point of communication.
• Progress reporting to various forums such as steering committees, business meetings, stakeholders, project team, etc.
• Chairing various meetings such as, project progress, kick-off, PDA meetings etc.
• Management of engineering and construction contractors.
• Management of all Knowledge Areas as per the PM BOK.
• Perform change control on projects.
• Management of project contracts
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
• B Eng degree
• Knowledge and understanding of the Sasol BD & I model.
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be proactive
• Establish good working relationships with all stakeholders on a project
• Establish good working relationships with Business and Operations partners
• Accept responsibility and accountability for required outputs
• Establish and lead a project team
• Lead a project team
Specific experience required
• At least 3-5 year experience within a similar position.
&#; Relevant Project Management experience
&#; Knowledge and understanding of the Sasol BD&I Model
&#; Proven leadership skills
&#; Ability to work in a team
&#; Good communication and presentation skills (written, verbal)
&#; Good interpersonal skills
&#; Proactive and self-starter
&#; Ability to work within a diverse culture
&#; Computer literate (MS Office)
&#; Knowledge of MS Project
&#; Strategic thinking (see the bigger picture)
&#; Ability to work under pressure.
&#; Negotiating skills
&#; Facilitation skills
All applicants must apply on line via the career centre on the recruitment page. Kindly be advised that only applications received via the career centre will be considered.