Posted on :
12 Nov, 2012
12 Nov, 2012
Assign, manage and leverage resources to ensure effectiveness and efficient construction management and the subsequent successful construction for all projects.
Required outputs: Functional
o Assign, manage and leverage resources to ensure effective and efficient construction management and the subsequent successful construction of Sasol Synfuels Projects.
o Managing the relationship with business partners on plant level and ensuring that their legitimate requirements and expectations are met with respect to construction activities and the management thereof.
o Exercising governance on all aspects of construction management to deliver the agreed upon outcome/intent of the implementation phase of the different projects in the context of agreed-upon business partner expectations, commitments and constraints.
o Establishing, maintaining and developing a construction management support function and staffing it with appropriately skilled people to ensure that construction activities on all projects are effectively supported and executed.
o Development and implementation of Construction Management methodologies, systems, tools and data to improve overall construction management efficiencies and effectiveness.
o Provide key technical input during Site selection process, constructability reviews, etc. in the front end phase of projects in order to optimise project capital costs, execution schedule and life cycle costs.
o Manage all affiliated parties and contractors applicable to and during the construction phase to ensure commitments are understood and met.
• BSc Eng / BEng ( Must)
• Post graduate management qualification (MBA/MBL or equivalent) an advantage
• Tertiary Construction/Project Management qualification an advantage
• BD & I processes and practices
• Project Management Body of Knowledge
• Ability to clearly communicate and give direction to multiple internal and external stakeholders, in a complex and fast-paced environment.
• Environmental, Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
• Willingness to travel.
Specific experience and expertise required
• Minimum of 15-20 years Construction/Project Management experience
• Thorough knowledge of multi disciplinary construction work methods; production norms; materials; procedures; plant and equipment; international environmental, health and safety laws and regulations concerning construction, land use; construction and fabrication specifications and standards; inspection and quality control procedures and standards; logistics; labour availability, crew mixes and productivity; local and foreign material supply, construction contractor’s ability, loading and experience; planning, scheduling; construction costs and progress verification and measurement.
• Ability to lead and manage change
• Strong mentorship experience and capability
• Goal and Customer orientation
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Analytic, strategic, conceptual and practical thinking
• Team orientation
• Effective communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Business acumen
Closing 13th November, 2012