Sisanda FunDaytion arranges fun, recreational and inspirational activities for children with few resources in the Western Cape. They have an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to make a difference for underprivileged children in fun, creative and unique ways.
They are a small team, but they have made a big impact. Sisanda FunDaytion arranges fun, recreational and inspirational activities for children with few resources in the Western Cape.
Job Title: Communications and Fundraising Coordinator
Location: Cape Town
Employment Type: 6-month contract with flexible time averaging 20 hours per week, including at least one Saturday per month.
The purpose of this new role is to lead external communications for their NGO and pursuing our mission to ensure that all children have access to meaningful recreation. The role will lead on promoting and protecting our brand, increasing visibility, and targeting, securing and maintaining partnerships for volunteering, resource mobilisation and programming. Communications need to reach individuals, small businesses, corporates, other NGOs, funding bodies and beneficiary organisations.
- Lead with managing media and social media:
- Maintain and strengthen SF brand and increase awareness around the organization following ethical guidelines for reporting children.
- Keep social media and media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and website) active.
- Write and distribute press releases when needed.
- Oversee production of any printed material (brochures, cards, posters, banners, etc.).
- Gather stories, photos, videos to demonstrate the impact of SF activities.
- Keep our network informed about our work and our mission through social media
- Strengthen SF by soliciting volunteers, donors and other partnerships.
- Assist with fundraising:
- Co-create and implement a strategy to reach potential funders through social media
- Co-create innovative fundraising ideas and drive through social media and other channels where possible
- Contribute to written content for proposals
- Assist with marketing of fundraising events and corporate opportunities
- Actively look for partners and sponsors for SF programmes
- Assist with programme delivery:
- Manage volunteer database and assist in recruitng volunteers for programme events
- Assist during programme activities with responsibilities such as volunteer management, taking photographs and recording stories and receiving volunteer and beneficiary feedback for reporting purposes.
- Handle communications about the event with volunteers and in some instances with donors such as sending donor thank-you’s, round-ups, post-event news, etc.
- Ensure events are recorded and communicated through all social media channels.
- Good written and visual communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Social media experience
- Some know-how on developing a brand
- 1 – 2 years’ marketing experience
- Creativity and ability to identify ways of presenting impact
- Ability to take initiative and develop and execute plans
- Computer literate
- Team player
- Comfortable with working with vulnerable population groups
- Willing to work at least one Saturday a month and be flexible with working hours
- Willing to work with flexible work location
- Own laptop and access to internet
- Valid driver’s licence and access to own transport
Send cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Sunday, 12 April, 2020