The SI is a non-profit, public benefit organisation striving to improve the lives of marginalised children and youth in the surrounding areas; transform education from the level of early childhood development all the way through to post graduate level; engage in research, teaching and enabling of a more socially just, sustainable generative way for humanity to interact with the natural world.
Job Title: Finance Administrator
Reports to: Finance Coordinator and Finance Officer.
The purpose of this position is to find a person that has a relevant 3 year accounting qualification with three years experience. Experience in working with Pastel is critical. The person should also be highly reliable and be willing to go extra mile.
- Finance Administrator:
- The Sustainability Institute is looking to appoint a Finance Administrator with keen interest to engage with people and bring a positive change. This person will report directly to the Finance Coordinator and Finance Officer.
- The SI is a non-profit, public benefit organisation striving to improve the lives of marginalised children and youth in the surrounding areas; transform education from the level of early childhood development all the way through to post graduate level; engage in research, teaching and enabling of a more socially just, sustainable generative way for humanity to interact with the natural world.
- Duties: Sub-recipients:
- Assisting with the Bookkeeping to trial balance
- Daily processing on pastel accounting system
- Processing of monthly bank reconciliations
- Managing and controlling petty cash
- Assist with preparing monthly accounts and dealing with any queries
- Debtors and Creditors reconciliations
- Following up on programme coordinators for supporting documents
- Assisting the Financial Officer with preparing the month-end reconciliation file, various admin related duties, preparation of annual budget figures and the Audit file preparation
- Attending to queries and finding solutions
- Supporting the coordinator and the department Administrators
- Maintaining documents and records
- Preparation of monthly schedules and reports for review by the Financial Officer within require deadlines
- Preparation of the month end reconciliation file for the Financial Officer within the agreed timeframes
- Maintain confidentiality of all records
- Any ad-hoc duties that are required within the department
- Duties: Sub-recipients
- Receiving and reviewing sub-recipient monthly, quarterly and annual financial report.
- Ensure exchange rates properly utilised in a case of international sub-recipients.
- Receiving and reviewing sub-recipients supporting documents (invoices, pay slips, timesheets, bank statements etc.) to ensure:
- Compliance with sub-award terms and conditions
- Costs are aligned with sub-recipients’ proposal (budget and statement of work)
- Costs are allowable, allocable and reasonable
- Fixed asset register/Inventory schedule properly kept.
- All costs were incurred within the period of performance of the sub-award
- Sub-recipients expenses are aligned with sub-recipients technical progress
- Cost-sharing commitments (if applicable) are met by the sub-recipients
- The correct sub-award number is identified on the invoice
- The invoice has a certification statement that the costs for reimbursement and any corresponding cost-sharing are the actual costs as recorded by sub-recipients and expended for the work performed in accordance with the terms of the sub-award
- Relevant 3 year accounting qualification
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working on Pastel
- Must be a self-starter
- Advanced Excel skills
- Analytical skills
- Incumbent must be reliable and punctual
- Communication skills, including a high level of literacy
- Willing to learn and attitude to go the extra mile
- Ability to take ownership of duties required
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team in an organisation genuinely committed to social transformation, a more generative way of life and a more just future, then please forward your CV with a covering letter to Litha Magida: [email protected].
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 20 May, 2020