The Global Teachers Institute (GTI) is a teacher development organisation dedicated to strengthening teacher capacity and the quality of schooling in South Africa and across the world by changing the way teachers are trained.
GTI aims to empower student teachers, school leaders and educational organizations by offering a range of programs that refocus teacher training and professional development on the principles of classroom excellence, consciousness development, and social responsibility.
Job Title: Education Leader
Reporting to the COO / CEO of the GTI, The Education Leader will provide clear vision and direction for the Future Leader Programme and all GTI education programmes and projects. The Education Leader will represent the GTI in all high-level education forums, stakeholder engagements, and education-base dialogues. The Education Leader will be exploring at the cutting edge of instructional practice and leadership and will incorporate this work and learning in constant review of the Future Leader Programme curriculum and practice. The Education Leader will be a key decision-maker within the GTI overall leadership team and will play a leading role in strategic planning for the programmes, events and ongoing organisational development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and manage the Future Leaders Programme across South Africa including all HR issues
- Recruitment and budget for the Future Leaders Programme.
- Lead and manage the team of Regional School Co-ordinators of the Future Leaders Programme.
- Lead and manage within the GTI’s management team.
- Provide educational leadership and perspective in all education stakeholder engagements involving the GTI.
- Write, develop and refine curriculum for teacher development within the GTI programmes.
- Meet weekly with the GTI Fund Raising Team.
- Participate in education forums such as Community of Practice meetings including the South African Extraordinary Schools Coalition.
- Present and facilitate workshops within the framework of the GTI and in broader South African and international forums.
- Play an active strategic planning role within the GTI as a whole.
- Communicate with all stakeholders clearly both orally and in writing.
- Manage GTI knowledge
- Provide education leadership within all GTI events such as the AXIS Summit.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Education level: At least an undergraduate degree and a teaching diploma. Post-graduate qualifications will be an advantage.
- Experience required: Teaching and school leadership experience at least at HOD level. Experience of teacher and curriculum development and instructional leadership
- Specific skills required:
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must be tech savvy with a digital perspective and mindset
- Adaptive, flexible, collaborative, engaging with a growth mindset
- Must have a drivers licence and be willing to travel
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by to Melissa Asia at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 04th October 2019