The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to offer social work services, rehabilitation opportunities, family reunification services, physical care and support to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven believes no one should have to live on the streets. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation, an organisation working to help the homeless back to a home, family and community, require a dynamic Manager for our Shelter at Kensington.
Job Title: Shelter Manager (Internal and External)
Remuneration: R 14 600 per month
Employment Type: Permanent
- An honest, healthy, sober person.
- Good people skills and supervisory experience.
- Excellent communicator.
- Driver’s license.
- Computer literate & able to compile reports.
- Experience in NGO’s or a similar working environment will be an advantage.
- To manage the day to day activities of The Haven Night Shelter – Kensington.
- Responsibility for efficient and effective management of operations at the shelter rests with you as the Manager.
- All other staff members employed at the shelter are accountable to you in the first instance.
- As manager you will account to your Cluster Manager and Shelter Committee at its monthly committee meetings for all activities at the Shelter to enable it to fulfil its Governance role.
- You will be responsible for ensuring sound and efficient controls are in place to ensure the accurate recording of all income and expenses of the shelter.
- You will be responsible for realising the budget including fundraising, shelter fee collection and cost control.
- You will account for goods in kind donations.
- You will in addition to the day to day management of the Shelter also be responsible for:
- Ensuring that each client of the shelter receives the necessary attention from the social worker and ensure that social work interventions is in line with the mission and vision of the Haven.
- Manager should ensure the resources needed is available for the Social Worker and client to execute an exit plan that leads to family reunification or reintegration in to the community.
- Developing in conjunction with staff, cluster managers and head office systems that will ensure the best possible level of care for clients of the shelter.
- You are required to use your skills and Haven resources to enhance the food security and welfare service delivery to the surrounding communities.
Please send two pages CV, and motivational letter to [email protected]. Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Friday, 21 February, 2020
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.